• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new rally car on a budget

Lone-wolf

I have ordered some parts to build a low budget 1/10th rally car, as i already have an F540 3300kv brushless motor with 60amp esc looking to be used all i had to do was find a suitable chassis and body plus paint, so i went for the HPI WRC Ford Focus shell, some core Metallic white paint and the fairly new out FTX touring builders chassis, not the best chassis option out there but reasonable ground clearance and as we know and love....parts are always available cheap as chips.

Already having motor/esc/servo/RX means this has come out at about £130 including some white wheels with tyres from ebay

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yorkshireman said:

I don't think that's a bad chassis for the money....certainly good enough if you're not racing! Keep thinking of getting one myself but can't decide what to  build it into 🤔

Parts arrived this morning....Kudos to Modelsport, from what i have seen so far im very impressed, the FTX Chassis has lots more ground clearance than a TT02 or even the HPI RS4 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

looking forward to seeing it come together mate :good:

Making progress,  found the brushless motor and fitted that with pinion, esc fitted, servo was a fail, figured i would use the stock one i pulled out of the Element Gatekeeper, but to say its new its a no go as the M3 screw that hold the horn is stuck fast and solid, so i have had to order an MG995, the body looks to be a nice fit, here is a pic of tomr`s one on HPI RS4 chassis, this was my inspiration for this build, i am going same colour scheme

wrc focus.JPG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Making progress,  found the brushless motor and fitted that with pinion, esc fitted, servo was a fail, figured i would use the stock one i pulled out of the Element Gatekeeper, but to say its new its a no go as the M3 screw that hold the horn is stuck fast and solid, so i have had to order an MG995, the body looks to be a nice fit, here is a pic of tomr`s one on HPI RS4 chassis, this was my inspiration for this build, i am going same colour scheme

wrc focus.JPG

What ever happened to tomr? Not seen him on here for ages!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Yorkshireman said:

What ever happened to tomr? Not seen him on here for ages!

He is still about but does not really post on here any more, what i do know he has really got into rc rally cars and seeing his Youtube he does some amazing builds

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I'm also interested in picking up something like this to get into RC rallying. Was also wondering if I wanted to take part in any competitions further along the line, do they have set rules on chassis, motors, batteries, etc?

• 2 weeks later...