• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Force .28 crank in force .32 engine, is it same size pin?

MASAKRATOR

Hello , sooo , like in the title 

Ordered force .28 crank by accident instead of .32 

Firstly i changed conrod because there was play on it , after instaling it the play was decreased significantly but stil had some tiny play in TDC when the piston is in the pinch zone , so decided to replace crank , ordered crank from .28 wersion by accident , looks nearly same except some shapes on counter weight 

So i decided to fit it , but the play on conrod is same like witch new conrod on old crank, my question is , is the .28 crank pin littlebit smaller or the engine hawe tiny play from factory ? Right now there is brand new .32 conrod and brand new .28 crank installed

Any help will be apricieted 
thanks

Edited by MASAKRATOR
Clicked upload by accident 🙃

• MASAKRATOR changed the title to Force .28 crank in force .32 engine, is it same size pin?

Okay , so if the conrod is same for both engines than the crank pin in both cranks have to be same size 😄
so that would mean that play is like that from factory 🤕
yeah , i can both feel and se the play on bottom bearing in the TDC ,way smaller after replacing crank and conrod i think
ill post pictures of the differences in cranks and mayby someone will eplain what do those differences on the crank actualy do and what would those difference mean in running .28 crank in .32 engine ?  ,and wideos with play before replacing crank and conrod vs after replacing crank and conrod 

Crank on the left is orihinal one from .32 engine

Play before replacing parts 

Play with new rod and crank 

Play with old crank and new conrod 

https://youtube.com/shorts/-CjuXsBBYnM?si=Z6YMTLPi7ieAq_I0

And thats how it was running before replacing anything , didnt start it yet , waiting for new piston pin , looks ok i think , but its only 6£ 

Piston and sleve looks good and have quite good resistance in TDC 

20231123_230215.thumb.jpg.8001aed873d5b0a91e395359eee149e2.jpg20231123_230310.thumb.jpg.4938e760c7db737caf03bddb92ff122c.jpg

And that is the car the engine sits in , bought it to have something to do in spare time 🙃

2007 1/8 tamiya nitrage 5.2 

Quite nice looking car with few unusual things , dogbone from clutchbel instead of sprocket , fully enclosed gearbox (optional 2 speed kit to fit in to the original gearbox enclousure if you desire 😜) and im sure there is some other things 😜 20231123_235820.thumb.jpg.bd0778c1e8ebdc7c110f22b406aaa5cb.jpg

I've got a new conrod but not installed. The crankcase needs to be flushed to remove the metal debris.  The piston/sleeve maybe reusable, no obvious significant score marks, but you never know. This engine was only just broke in.  It pays to fully inspect a new engine before breaking in and possibly after, as then you will be able to compare.  Play in the conrod bearing may be reason mine failed, or maybe not.