• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HB D815 Brushless conversion.

Hello everyone,

I got back to the hobby after a two year break. I got my hands on HB racing D185 roller from Facebook market for very cheap. As it is a racing grade buggy it has some goodies.  Some carbon bits. Good grade aluminium parts and quick setup changes for the suspension. Looks like a tough buggy which would take 6s  haha. My previous buggy was Ansmann Virus 3.0 brushless conversion done by me. It was alright but this buggy is different animal. 

Now on to the questions. Anyone have any dimensions for the centre diff as I want to get a motormount. 

what motor should I get for it? What KV? 
The amsnann was with 2650kv and it was very fast on 4s but batteries didn’t last long. 

And there are some pics of the buggy itself 

IMG_2958.jpeg

IMG_2959.jpeg

IMG_2956.jpeg

IMG_2960.jpeg

IMG_2961.jpeg

IMG_2962.jpeg

IMG_2963.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I have managed to make some progress on the buggy. I bought a Spectrum Firma Combo 2050Kv motor and 150a esc which is available in most of the Arrma rigs. Also got a 1/8 HPI Trophy Buggy/Truggy motormount. It was straight fit. Well the holes matched but it needed some shims. Also got a Dumbo RC 6CH radio as it was rated the best budget Radio. The buggy is coming together very well, not only fitment wise but colour wise as well. Now, the combo is rated 3-6s, being a buggy I am wondering how many cells shoud I do? 4s I tried on a previous buggy but with 2650kv motor. Any advice on that? I am thinking going mid grounds and running 5s. Another question is gearing. What pinion should I get for 4s 5s 6s respectively? As mentioned, motor is 2050KV?

Some pics of the work done so far:

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3445.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! The buggy is finally done. 19t pinion, 4500mah 4s battery 80c, 200 000 oil in centre diff. The battery tray is from Hobao cage buggy. Everything sits nice and neat, just waiting on straps, thats why there is some tape. 
buggy pulls wheelies with this setup. Maybe I need to reduce the punch a bit.

IMG_3829.jpeg

IMG_3831.jpeg

IMG_3465.jpeg

• Like 1