• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scale Garage Build

ad456m

Mate, that looks blooming awesome!!!

love the dual use idea too.

ill be following with interest. :good:

You got me thinking about doing one again but smaller for the trx4m….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Gaz!, much appreciated man!
The dual use was so that I would keep a clean(er) space but a great side effect is it will help me “weather” the floor, once it’s scruffy enough I’m gonna turn the floor around to even it out, seems easier than anything else. 

The 1/18 scale would be a good scale to work with, it’d not be too big to store and I’m sure the stuff would be cheaper. I think there’s a fair amount of diecast folk that do dioramas too so maybe more choice of stuff too. 

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

Great job so far mate, i love the stuff everywhere, reminds me of the place i used to work at lmao.

It’s all I know to do, can’t relax in a tidy workshop/garage etc😂

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...

I love your approach to just diving in and creating something you think is cool. That's the best way to go about it, in my opinion. It's all about enjoying the process, right? Using scrap wood for the floor and walls was a smart move, and repurposing that LED strip from your mom's kitchen is such a cool touch. It's amazing what you can find when you keep your eyes open for opportunities like that. And getting a boatload of scale stuff from someone is like hitting the jackpot! It must have been so exciting to get such a good deal. Corner Summerhouses sounds like a neat idea for inspiration. I just starting to get into this hobby, so seeing your progress is really motivating.

Edited by AndreaRiggs
  • Thanks 1