• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Element Enduro Sendero or FTX Outback Treka

I'm looking to buy my first crawler and have been tying myself in knots trying to work out what to buy.

I don't want to spend the earth and have boiled my options down to an Element Enduro Sendero at £256 or an FTX Outback Treka at £159.

Firstly, am I going to notice a £100 difference between these models and secondly is there enough of a difference for the FTX to put me off the idea of crawling?

Thanks for any advice!

Monkey

12 minutes ago, lcfmonkey said:

I'm looking to buy my first crawler and have been tying myself in knots trying to work out what to buy.

I don't want to spend the earth and have boiled my options down to an Element Enduro Sendero at £256 or an FTX Outback Treka at £159.

Firstly, am I going to notice a £100 difference between these models and secondly is there enough of a difference for the FTX to put me off the idea of crawling?

Thanks for any advice!

Monkey

Yeah, i think the ftx uses a smaller motor, either way the Element (not the SE version) is the better rig by far, overdive trans, good shocks and just overall better.

45 minutes ago, Redback said:

Yeah, i think the ftx uses a smaller motor, either way the Element (not the SE version) is the better rig by far, overdive trans, good shocks and just overall better.

Should I avoid the SE version because that's the one I was looking at!

oh the SE Its the cheap n nasty version, no bearings, no overdrive, plastic shocks, plastic eveything, personally would avoid.

Even the ftx has bearings. Personally i wouldnt pick either then. Save up some more or go for another brand or the non SE version of the enduro, that is a spectacular trailtruck and excellent crawler.
If your wanting a trail truck, they both will do ok, as for crawling (rockcrawling, neither are a good choice imo)

As @Lone-wolf says, dont be put off by the smaller motor, i have an outback ranger and an outback based buggy build, and never once thought they could do with a bigger motor

• Like 1