• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wheel/Axle spacer, broken servo advice

Naptime

Hi All

Long story short. I've bought the wrong truck so, I'm trying to turn my absima CR3.4 crawler into a bouncer. Problem is I'm destroying steering servos. Snapping the heads clean off. Gone through 3 in 2 days like, less than a hours driving. Admittedly they where cheap servos with brass heads. I do have 22mm wheel spacers on my 2.2 wheels. I have seen a YT vid that suggests wheel spacers are terrible for servos (and wheel swoop).
I do like the spacers and my truck needs them for the 2.2's to clear the truck, HELL even the stock wheels had way to much wheel rub for my liking!
I have a Power HD in the post that looks to have a steel head, paid aboot £35 so i'll see how long that one lasts. American Bouncer forums are suggesting servos WAY out of my price range.
I was advised to remove the steering damper from the truck as they break servo heads but, I think I'm going to put it back on? (I'm starting to think these are just ***** trucks 😞
So.. before I buy an expensive servo,
what's the opinion on the wheel spacers breaking the sevo heads, should I get rid go smaller sapcers, smaller wheels,  are wider axles availible for the CR3.4. Should i look into a servo saver (i was advised against them)??

Thanks in advance for any opinions and help (complete newb since Jan 23)
Jonathan