• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Just not for me this RC thing.....

Jray2955

Thought I'd start ANOTHER new thread.....

So my KM Baja which I brought second hand has been an awesome machine when it's actually running......

So now my issue is the servo saver set up keep popping out the locating plugs. It's done this before and i noticed the pins aren't quite long enough to locate properly.

What the common go to mod/part to fix this?

The obvious answer is longer pins but I'm upgrading the servo while I'm in there so if there is a better servo saver steering arm set up then please let me know as i have literally just got the back end sorted.

Now need to sort the front and should have a good buggy 🙄

At least until the engine heat seizes and the crank bearings spin in the cases.....

Never had that issue either.

Unless the front end is bent? If the upper plate has a bend, that might affect the seating position for the pins.

Have some pictures of the front end, where you are having issues?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vr5fx said:

Unless the front end is bent? If the upper plate has a bend, that might affect the seating position for the pins.

I'll get some pictures when I take it apart but it's almost like the 2 pins that go between the chassis and the Y plate one of them isn't quite long enough.

Maybe a manufacturing defect?

Seen the push pull conversion online and  am thinking about it but I've spent so much on rc the last few weeks my wife might start to notice 🤣

• Haha 1

On 27/05/2023 at 08:37, Vr5fx said:

Yep you were right appears to be a bent Y piece as the 2 pins that hold the steering posts on keep popping out.
Whats considered a good replacement?
I've seen the Carbon Fibre Bone heads one but wasn't sure as to what people consider the best.
Also I'm debating changing the steering servo and perhaps changing the steering set up as the plastic one feels cheap.
I've been looking at either an alloy steering set up or doing a conversion to the push pull system like this:
https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/upgrades...luminum-sym-steer-push-pull-steering-kit.html

What is your opinion?

8 hours ago, Jray2955 said:

Yep you were right appears to be a bent Y piece as the 2 pins that hold the steering posts on keep popping out.
Whats considered a good replacement?
I've seen the Carbon Fibre Bone heads one but wasn't sure as to what people consider the best.
Also I'm debating changing the steering servo and perhaps changing the steering set up as the plastic one feels cheap.
I've been looking at either an alloy steering set up or doing a conversion to the push pull system like this:
https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/upgrades...luminum-sym-steer-push-pull-steering-kit.html

What is your opinion?

Never had an issue with IRC gear. I've got a Y plate, skid plate and chassis on Ebay at the moment, current guy has 1 more day to pay up, if he doesn't pay you get first refusal.

The push-pull set up is all a bit meh. It's great while it works, but such a faff to get it "right", broke mine plenty of times.

Part metal setup, with a plastic horn is the way to go I think. Leave the servo horn as a weak point so it breaks before anything else.

6 minutes ago, Vr5fx said:

Never had an issue with IRC gear. I've got a Y plate, skid plate and chassis on Ebay at the moment, current guy has 1 more day to pay up, if he doesn't pay you get first refusal.

The push-pull set up is all a bit meh. It's great while it works, but such a faff to get it "right", broke mine plenty of times.

Part metal setup, with a plastic horn is the way to go I think. Leave the servo horn as a weak point so it breaks before anything else.

Deal I'll have them if he doesn't pay up.

I think I'll leave it as stock setup just aluminium to remove flex.

Everyone does rave about the setup but I'll stick with what I know.

19 minutes ago, Vr5fx said:

Should the Y piece be completely flat, as mine slope down at the front?

2 minutes ago, Jray2955 said:

Should the Y piece be completely flat, as mine slope down at the front?

Should be completely flat.

I'll let you know either way regarding the bits. 😁

40 minutes ago, Jray2955 said:

What would cause it to slope down?

Please don't say some something expensive 😆

Front impact, like hitting something or even something simple like taking a tumble.

The back end is so heavy that the front turns into a crumple zone. You can bend the stock parts by hand, so it's bound to happen.