• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbywing max rsc or motor problem? Unsure which

Been running my Hoboa hyper Vs RTR for a few months (pretty sure it’s a hobbywing max 8 esc in the RTR), probably about 30 packs or more through it but had a little issue today I couldn’t resolve. The car stopped running while I was driving and wouldn’t go again, when I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in the motor didn’t beep for the cell count and now the red and green lights stay solid lit on the ESC, I thought it was maybe the pack but I’ve tried 2 other fully charged 4s packs and it still doesn’t work, fan comes on at the esc but it seems like it maybe the motor at fault? It did have an intermittent problem previously where occasionally it just wouldn’t pick up throttle input for a split second but I hadn’t had that in ages, not sure if it could be connected. Any input from those wiser than me would be greatly appreciated! 

Edited by Craigyboy83

it is a max 8

Do you have another brushless motor you can try ?

it really doesnt matter what brushless motor it is so long as its rated at the volts of your packs 

does the motor spin freely by hand ?

could it be thermal limits of esc or motor ?

Edited by Stormbringer

17 minutes ago, Redback said:

can you reset the esc?, hold the button and turn it on it will chirp, try disconnecting a motor wire any chirps?

The Esc won’t let me reset, holding the set button does along with switching on does nothing, I’ll try a pulling motor wire and see what happens. 

36 minutes ago, Tug said:

Sounds like an expired ESC, it happens even when it's been looked after. 

time to spend some £££ on some new kit I think