• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

7" build coming up

Lone-wolf

Pretty much all the parts are now here or on order for a carbon frame 7" long range cruiser drone, this is to fly from back garden, spec is old and i do mean OLD school......2207 1600kv motors spinning 7" props....hobbyking Blue 30amp speedo`s and yes Naza V1 original FC with gps....i will put plenty of |LED lights on it and some kind of FPV but only analogue will update as the build starts in a couple of weeks

• Like 2

nice brudda a few mates have long distance 7"ers they carry large mah lipos(4000-5000mah ) getting up to 20 -25 min flight times !! 👍

looking forward to the build i got my analogue Tiny trainer and fatsharks on sale on facebook as a cheap tiny trainer HDs just came up  local😋  so i can switch all mine to HD then 😁

got a guy coming this morning at 9am must be keen on a sunday lol 🤣

thumbnail_55232cf6-fd1f-4c56-8201-42e30e193f8f.jpg

• Like 2

ordered a Matek 30.5x 30.5 PDB board really nice bit of kit and has clean 5V and 12V outs on it for VTX and camera power also the XT60 solders direct to the board for a clean build, frame and other 2 motors should be here by end of month then i can get building

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

I really dont know what to do now, i need to find a laser cutter and get a plywood frame cut, this will give me enough real estate to put all the stuff on, also wood will dampen any Jello 

yeah noticed with the newer frames alot more narrower for adding gear nowadays ,you need something like the old skool tbs dead cat frames mate even an older style 5 inch would have enough room 👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bajadre said:

yeah noticed with the newer frames alot more narrower for adding gear nowadays ,you need something like the old skool tbs dead cat frames mate even an older style 5 inch would have enough room 👍

I have drawn up plans for the wooden frame, this will be 230x230mm with the centre plate (3mm ply) being 80x230mm so plenty of room for parts, i need to fit the Naza M, rx gps and runcam 2Hd along with vtx, i have emailed the preferred laser cutter for a top and bottom deck plate, arms will be 12.5x12.5 hardwood timber. PDB and ESC`s will mount on bottom plate in the gap, the last of the parts arrived today, the missing air of 2207s 1600kv motors 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...