• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gaz66 (Cross-RC gc4)

Well, after selling the Kingkong, which I loved and was hard as hell, but did not meet what I expected of it, I have on the way a Rc-Cross, I wanted this brand and as the 8x8, although I have fallen in love, I have gone out of price for my pocket hehehehehehe, I took a GC4, I have always liked the aesthetic "Russian" and will continue in the same line as the kingkong, but with an axle less to be something more "practical" for crawling.

I have the truck on the way home, along with the CVD bearings and the kit of metal sprockets, that maybe the truck already includes I've seen later in some Youtube video hehehe so maybe I have to keep them as spare parts.

Servo I will mount a MOB that I remove from the Pajero that I have for sale and I was not going to give it with the Servo as I can not sell it even for 300 € ... I do not understand why but well . Motor mount a 1200kv Fusion to save space variator and gearbox servo, put any I have at home hehehehehehehej, paint I have two sprays of Tamiya ts-5 so we will have to take advantage of them, on the other hand, at some point I will order a rubber rc4wd flahspoint as not, more in line with the model in question.

Ordered on Friday at 10 in the morning from Lili modellbau in Germany, received today Tuesday at 9:45 in Spain... that's speed, not even ordering in stores in my own country takes so little...
spacer.png

• Like 1

Now starts mods , out of manual instructions

It has been necessary to reinforce things a bit, as in the King Kong, in the Cross the bodies are beautiful, but a lot of pieces are glued instead of screwed, which makes them delicate, for now, I have reinforced the steering wheel to its axis and the axis to the dashboard and turn the dashboard to the lower half of the body, now yes, this is not going to move

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have also made an exhaust, the typical one with a lighter and plastic to give it the curves, I have used the plastic that comes holding the pieces in the kit. I have also raised the deposits a little, of the two holes I put the lower one where the upper one goes and I made some new holes in the supports for the lower ones, so I have raised them about 10-12mm, I did not measure since the measurements were given by the holes so I don't know exactly.

spacer.png

That is a store that works as God intended, 3 days from Spain to France ... not even stores in Spain take that long anymore

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FREEDOM83 said:

I'm liking how it's looking, now it's time to fight with the servo of the change and the lights that do the functions well

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I do like the look of these but I feel that there a bit to fragile to use 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

I do like the look of these but I feel that there a bit to fragile to use 

Yes, the Rc4wd tires are very soft, they puncture easily, I have to put some harder foams too, but yes, they are delicate tires, but the cross-rc ones seem small and hard to me, and for the use that I will give them I need traction hehehehe 

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the video the other day (on another forum!) and it almost looked like a bit of weight in the chassis might help it, not that it was really struggling 😎

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shergar said:

I watched the video the other day (on another forum!) and it almost looked like a bit of weight in the chassis might help it, not that it was really struggling 😎

It has a bit of weight between the chassis spars at the rear, at the moment I haven't put anything on it, but I don't think it needs more, it already climbs enough to be a truck, really😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...