• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Esc needed for 3.5T 9250kv v5R motor

Lukevernon

You are on the edge of specs for the ESC, and as long as you were just using 2S Lipo, it should be able to take it. Just NOT if it's geared wrong.

Your car is geared for a brushed silver can basic  motor running on NiMh .....

The chances of being able to go that far away from stock on motor/ESC and NOT have to change the gearing are pretty small.

There are some overall reduction ratios suggested on the Hobbywing website for the ESC you had.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/quicrun-10bl120-esc?variant=2139725987868

Shows how much the ratio changed from a 23T motor....to a 6.5T motor. You have gone further than that. Needs a much lower geared setup or your motor pulls too many amps, and the ESC smokes.

Geared correctly, your motor should probably pull around 50A tops, and should work well with a 120A ESC. But you have to gear it right.

• Like 3

says the stocking gearing is 22t pinion and 70t spur online it would help dropping to a 18t pinion luke but tbh that combo and kv seems waaay to high for a 1/10 onroad car should be looking around 3000kv to 4000kv tbh back in the day i ran a tt-01 on a 11turn motor and no limit esc and that thing was stupid rapid lol 50mph

4 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Its far too low a kv.

I'm no expert, but almost 10.000kv in a TT02 doesn't seem low to me. Pretty sure you mixed kv and turns up there 😉

• Like 1