• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lipo conformation

thesnake505

20230218_132352.thumb.jpg.880caaee8a5863a47918c1017afa0d65.jpgI have a axial ryft that I bought some gens ace harce case 3s lipos, 4500mah 40c.  The ryft has a Spektrum Firma 130A esc. The batteries are fine in this truck temperatures are not excessive.

I have just relifed my trophy truggy 4.6 with a scream 1965kv and an 80 amp rage esc, I checked one of the hard case lipos in for the first test run and I'm massively impressed with the truck. 

However when the lipo cut off kicked in the battery was much warmer, I don't want to say hot, but compared to the ryft it's much hotter.

By my calculations the gens ace are 180amp so should be fine in the truggy?

I also have some trunigy 5000mah 20-30c batteries which I calculate as 100amp, now these do not fit the ryft but I mounted the battery Box on the truggy to suit these batteries.  Am I correct in saying they will be good for the truggy?

Cheers

Edited by thesnake505
Add pic
  • Like 1

Warm cells are fine, don't worry about it. 

When I've stressed lipos in the past, they've been too hot to hold! I've even unsoldered plugs in the past from excessive draw. 

A little warmth lowers resistance, which is good. 

• Like 1

like tug said u will feel the heat on lipos a bit more in winter time brother as long as your gearing good and not pulling over amps will be fine 👍

whats your run time on 4500mah? should be about 15-20mins what i get out of mine general bashing etc bit less if doing full pelt speed runs on tarmac  i also run 2 x3s 3000mah they last 10mins on full throttle runs

On 18/02/2023 at 17:44, Bajadre said:

like tug said u will feel the heat on lipos a bit more in winter time brother as long as your gearing good and not pulling over amps will be fine 👍

whats your run time on 4500mah? should be about 15-20mins what i get out of mine general bashing etc bit less if doing full pelt speed runs on tarmac  i also run 2 x3s 3000mah they last 10mins on full throttle runs

time wise id say 20 minutes each is about correct, plan on changing the gearing from 17tooh to 19tooh as I'm still experimenting, its got back of acceleration but runs out of puff quite quick. its also constantly scrabbling for grip. so hopefully a bigger pinion should give a little better top end. 

cheers

• Like 1