• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New tamiya 2023 releases

Daddyroo

18 hours ago, Shergar said:

Wheels are too small I reckon, might just need different rims. A 992 is huge in real life.

Its definitely the rims, Im glad you feel the same, everyone seems to be raving over it, but it looks too skinny.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2023 at 12:34, Kpowell911 said:

Its definitely the rims, Im glad you feel the same, everyone seems to be raving over it, but it looks too skinny.

Even the cheapest TT02 comes with two widths of 12mm hexes, yet the distributor does this at a trade show 🤐 Apart from that the shells a beauty!

1E46F6AC-8A00-4FD6-AB53-BD4E4D63898B.jpeg.d1f0229e44a5caa268800e58bddab1f0.jpeg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Even the cheapest TT02 comes with two widths of 12mm hexes, yet the distributor does this at a trade show 🤐 Apart from that the shells a beauty!

1E46F6AC-8A00-4FD6-AB53-BD4E4D63898B.jpeg.d1f0229e44a5caa268800e58bddab1f0.jpeg

Ironically in real life, Porsche have such good fitment/stance of their wheels. 

The screws on that wing are criminal too

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ironically in real life, Porsche have such good fitment/stance of their wheels. 

The screws on that wing are criminal too

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets frustrated when companies such as Tamiya and Kyosho give us super detailed bodies and then ruin them with details like this.  Also, why don't they use magnetic body mounts on cars like this?  The Kyosho Fazer series is another example.  Some stunning bodies with body posts protruding right through the bonnet.

• Like 2