• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Beginner - First rc car advice?

CJG2

Hey all,

Coming here to ask a question I am sure has been asked before, but I guess each person has some unique requirements so thought I'd pose it for myself.

Have decided I want to get into a bit of RC cars as a hobby - used to have a couple decent ones when I was a kid and I fancy picking it up again.

Currently, looking at a max budget of £220 or so. That must include everything to get my up and running - chargers, battery, car etc etc.

Having looked at some reviews and what not, I think I like the idea of 1/10th scale rather than 1/16th scale but not against 1/16th if it meets needs. I intend to run mostly on a park near where I live that is short grass.

Currently looking at:

FTX Zorro Brushless 1/10

FTX Carnage Brushless 1/10

Maverick Quantum Flux 1/10

Arrma Granite/Senton/Vorteks 4x2 brushed 1/10

MJX Hyper Go Brushless 1/16

HBX 16889a Pro 1/16

Is there anything I am not considering that I should be? If not, which of the above gets the thumbs up?

Edited by CJG2

Rival mt10 is short wheelbase 1/10 but is almost bulletproof, another option is the ftx tracer brushless ( identical to the hyper go and hbx 16889 because they are fundamentally the same car)

The Rival MT10 is honestly exactly the kind of thing I would like.. However looking at it, to get one plus a good battery is £400+, so just nowhere near in budget sadly!

I'll have a look at the Tracer, any reason to go for it other the other two other than I guess parts easier to get?

Have a look at the hpi jumpshot range, just got a sct V2 version, brushed, and love it, but only has crawlers before, so taking some getting used to,,,😀

37 minutes ago, CJG2 said:

The Rival MT10 is honestly exactly the kind of thing I would like.. However looking at it, to get one plus a good battery is £400+, so just nowhere near in budget sadly!

I'll have a look at the Tracer, any reason to go for it other the other two other than I guess parts easier to get?

There's always the brushed version that comes with battery and charger at about £289 but the brushed motor needs swapping out it's pants