• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Modernising an old classic!

Rustic Ade

On 18/02/2023 at 18:46, Kpowell911 said:

This is exactly where I was going with this lol

Thank you, I do need led gently through things.

You know the shed? I'm the thing in it that needs sharpened.

Edited by Rustic Ade
Spelling!
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rustic Ade said:

Right, I need to do this without the kids around, they distract me, they seem to think it's just a game and it's a plaything. They'll be back to their mum on Monday so will start fresh and uninterrupted them.

Right, i'm going to wedge myself into the roof eves to play, ahem, hone my driving skills on the microcrawler track!

Will let you know how Monday goes!

Cheers 👍🏻

Basically, if you just plugged the ESC in and drove it, theres a chance the end points arent set correctly. In laymans terms, you press full throttle but the ESC doesnt know what full throttle is, so doesn’t give it you. Your ESC will have a calibration mode where you set this up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

just checked and motor limits for esc are 2s 12 turn and 3s 18 turn

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobbywing-quicrun-1060-brushed-waterproof-esc-sbec-404964

Ahhh, interesting, I didn’t know a 1060 was 3s compatible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

did you set the throttle end points ?

I looked at the transmitter and the end point adjustment for throttle is set at 100% but I can increase it?

Can't see what affect it has tonight but could that change things?

Also dual/rate is set at 100%, does this have any limiting effect?

no its the esc endpoints you need to set

if i remember right theres a power button and a smaller set button on esc switch

so switch on transmitter then press and keep pressed the set button then power on esc  then let set button go esc should then flash once 

press set button again then move throttle to max forward position it should flah twice then press button again and go full reverse and that should be it set also should flash 3 times but check manual for esc just in case im wrong 

might be a good idea tho to raise cars wheels of ground or take wheels of whilst doing it just in case 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

no its the esc endpoints you need to set

if i remember right theres a power button and a smaller set button on esc switch

so switch on transmitter then press and keep pressed the set button then power on esc  then let set button go esc should then flash once 

press set button again then move throttle to max forward position it should flah twice then press button again and go full reverse and that should be it set also should flash 3 times but check manual for esc just in case im wrong 

might be a good idea tho to raise cars wheels of ground or take wheels of whilst doing it just in case 

Monday evening is going to be interesting. Think starting with the esc and tx is definitely the way forward, then if that yields no joy, look at taking the motor apart to examine that.

Cheers 👍🏻

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/03/2023 at 14:15, Steve-O2021 said:

Any updates?

Had a busy time, took a break from the Cobra.

Went out with my kid brother and we broke our newer cars (thoroughly good laugh while doing it).

Been busy with my kids making crawler tracks.

Busy at work

Just as we all are, busy with life.

Back to the Mardave this week 🤞🏻, will let you know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

real life does tend to put a dampner on hobby time tho 😞

I'm lucky, I can't complain about my full scale life 😁

• Like 1