• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New to Crawling in York

John Hastie

Good evening, I’m a 45 year old kid, who’s just getting back into RC.

I used to bash trucks and have race little Losi 22’s…gave all that away to my mates kid years ago.

bought a couple of crawlers a 10 scale and a 24 scale Axial Jeep SCX  as  have always fancied it.

Anyone in York got good place to go, or fancy meeting up to show me the ropes.

John

Edited by John Hastie
Scale error
  • Like 1

Just now, Nick said:

Hi John! I'm from York but don't have a crawler, some great places though, a bit further north you have Yearsley Woods which is fantastic for this kind of thing, loads of space to get lost in.

Thanks Nick, I live in Strensall….so there must be somewhere on the common. More looking for like minded souls who might have a course or something and may want to join.

1 hour ago, Nick said:

There's a really impressive crawler course at Bridlington which is part of the Model Boat Club there, if you have Facebook checkout the group "Carnaby Crawlers", friendly bunch and meet up regularly. :good:

Just had a look…. I wanna go!!! Lol

that looks incredible, I’ll most defo go along, thanks for the info

Hi John, welcome to the forum. As @Nick says, at Bridlington Model Boat Club there is an excellent crawler course and buggy track. Ive been a member for a year now and you couldnt find a more friendly and helpful bunch of people. Hope to bump into you there soon 👍

Cheers, Ian 

• Thanks 1

On 25/01/2023 at 16:43, wombat said:

Hi John, welcome to the forum. As @Nick says, at Bridlington Model Boat Club there is an excellent crawler course and buggy track. Ive been a member for a year now and you couldnt find a more friendly and helpful bunch of people. Hope to bump into you there soon 👍

Cheers, Ian 

Thanks mate…I have an old works face book account (not for me) and have contacted admins. Amey Occulus is user name. 

my VR headset made me get an account…I’m way done with FB lol

Hi @John Hastie, not on face book and never will be

If you fancy coming across to Bridlington for a look round , pm me on here and i'll arrange to meet up and show you round

Cheers, Ian

• 1 month later...

Hi @Nick, sounds good to me, just about to go on a short break, will contact you when I get back

Cheers, Ian 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/03/2023 at 08:07, Nick said:

I may also be interested in taking you up on that offer sometime @wombat - I could perhaps get a few of the Modelsport crew over. :good:

On 02/03/2023 at 14:35, wombat said:

Hi @Nick, sounds good to me, just about to go on a short break, will contact you when I get back

Cheers, Ian 

Hi @Nick, sent you a pm regarding the above