• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

3S HRB 7000mah Lipo cheap on Amazon

Steve-O2021

HRB 3S Lipo - 11.1V 7000mah 55C Battery for 1/10 1/8 Scale RC Car Model Slash Buggy Rustler Bandit Stampede E-Maxx RC Airplane Helicopter Boat

https://amzn.eu/d/hFdYke4

42.99 but tick the 40% discount box and it takes it to £25.79 delivered

I ignored the single amazon review and risked it

I Slow charged it for its first charge and it hit  the stated 7000mah on its first charge 🙂 (The image shows 6900 but I actually put 150mah into it before cancelling and checking I set it to balance mode)

So far so good 

20221231_160950.thumb.jpg.baf293107a8e811376a6c2751520e09b.jpg

20221231_164532.thumb.jpg.f27c71ecdec5974d7a36309d376d558e.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bajadre said:

Great price that two of them for 6s would give great runtime on a 1/8th !! 👍

I'm planning on using it in my 1/8 crawler, the 5000mah pack seems to give 1.5hr so this should give hopefully justover 2hr so don't have to change packs on my forest walk

• 1 month later...

Little update.

Got round to soldering my preferred connectors to the two LiPo's I bought. Put them on the charger to check cell voltage....

spacer.png

Both where around the same. 2.2v a cell. Put them on a quick NiMh charge to bring the voltage up so I could actually balance charge them.

Both recovered fine.

I think mine came shipped at 2.5v per cell but charged fine and no issues so far excellent runtime 🙂

I'm wondering if they do it to stop people complaining about the packs not being the stated rating eg when I charged the pack from the shipped voltage of 2.5v per cell it gave the full stated mah rating?

7 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Be interesting to see ,omg term if any damage has been done. 

Will see how long they last. Most likely some damage has been done to the cells dropping that low.

I'll update once I get a few cycles through them.

6 hours ago, Steve-O2021 said:

I think mine came shipped at 2.5v per cell but charged fine and no issues so far excellent runtime 🙂

I'm wondering if they do it to stop people complaining about the packs not being the stated rating eg when I charged the pack from the shipped voltage of 2.5v per cell it gave the full stated mah rating?

Strange if that is why.

Once a cell drops below 3v some science happens and the result is possibility of lost capacity, cycle life, cells not recovering. Fire.

Didn't even get to really run the first cycle through them, my ESC keeps cutting out so handed it over to my son to drain for me.