• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya MF01x thread

Lone-wolf

29 minutes ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

It looks like you have the steering knuckles on upside down.

good call, not quite right but steered me in right area, the mount that goes to top of knuckle on wrong hole, all sorted on that area, wheels now sit right and stay right through suspension travel

Edited by Lone-wolf
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Keep it high and buy a spare set of dog bones Mr Wolf.

No, it will be little difference on the tracks i will run it so its getting dropped....found some slightly larger tyres that will make up for the lower ride height

Edited by Lone-wolf
  • Like 1

There's some brace mounts on thingiverse, if you don't have a printer I'm happy to have a look at the file for you? If you go on the website and type in tamiya MF01X they should pop up, ultimately I believe there's already some after market options out there. 

I also have an MF01X that I built from spares, I'm just waiting on the final few parts to arrive. I locked my rear diff as I intend on using it as a rally car plus it helps it's when off roading. I used the M05 v2 carbon arms, they give you droop adjustment and should be stronger than stock. The wish bones, hubs and drive shafts are all the same as an M05, I'm running the M05 yeahracing CVDs as tamiya dog bones are known for binding when going to full lock. 

Edit - they'll also help with your dropping out issue. 

Edited by Alex97
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

There's some brace mounts on thingiverse, if you don't have a printer I'm happy to have a look at the file for you? If you go on the website and type in tamiya MF01X they should pop up, ultimately I believe there's already some after market options out there. 

I also have an MF01X that I built from spares, I'm just waiting on the final few parts to arrive. I locked my rear diff as I intend on using it as a rally car plus it helps it's when off roading. I used the M05 v2 carbon arms, they give you droop adjustment and should be stronger than stock. The wish bones, hubs and drive shafts are all the same as an M05, I'm running the M05 yeahracing CVDs as tamiya dog bones are known for binding when going to full lock. 

Edit - they'll also help with your dropping out issue. 

Thats a kind offer on the 3D printing, i have seen them on thingyverse but i will stick with the M2 threaded studding mod as i have ordered it maybe tomr will take advanntage of the kind offer

I have lowered the chassis, i feel the angle on the dog bones is flatter now so less chance of dropping out, i have lost 4mm of clearance but this can be made up with larger diameter tyres (see silly example) the stock rims are 1.9 so i have ordered a set of 75mm diameter tyres that replace the clearance, also gonna see if i can get a set of CVD`s from yeah racing

big tyre.JPG

• Haha 3

A little more to do on it, front tyres snagging arches a tiny bit, so gonna have to trim a little fat of them, Tamiya`s fault for putting dimples in the shell slightly in wrong place ha ha

it will be better when softer shock springs turn up, and pleased that no dog bones dropped out so seems i was right to low build the ride height, have to say its a lovely little car to drive and looks sweet, shame the decals are a pig to put on but comes with the territory so to speak

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

It’s impossible to not love a Tamiya @Lone-wolf theyre just a bit behind and over priced, but impossible to not find joy from. Tamiya are R/C. 

I have tried a few and not been overly keen (TT02 and blackfoot) though my first ever rc was the Mudblaster and had a blast with that........but this MF01 is a game changer for me and thats after just one run, this was a cheap build as i had radio, esc and paint just needed the kit and bearing set at about £140, i would say thats a fair price to pay

• Like 2