• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hill climbing with the SCX24

BlackSeaRC

The great advantage of mini crawlers is that there is always some terrain to challenge your vehicle, even if you live close to the city.  In this video, the SCX24 with accessories by CChand takes on a hill climbing challenge to demonstrate its off-road capabilities.

BlackSeaRC / NorthSeaRC

DSC02379a.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tomr said:

Awesome little rig and great video 👍

What do think of the new TRX4-m?

The SCX24 performs well for its size and price and I guess that is why it has become one of the most popular mini crawlers of the last few years.  If you like customising RC models, then you can just about upgrade every conceivable part on these.

I have crawlers of a wide variety of scales and brands.  At the smaller size I have the Kyosho Mini-Z and Axial SCX24 at 1:24 scale and the ROC Hobby Katana and Partner Racing QX-4 at 1:18 scale.  I prefer the slightly larger 1:18 scale as they still offer the advantages of a smaller product but have a little bit more performance potential.  Generally there are also better opportunities for scale realism with slightly larger vehicles as well.  I don't own a Traxxas crawler but the new TRX-4M certainly looks like an interesting proposition.  The spec seems decent and the price is not too bad.  I am sure there will be a wide range of aftermarket upgrade parts in the near future.  The body choices are the only downside for me at present as I would have liked to have seen something a bit different.

• Like 2