• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Where can I find chrome spinning wheels for 1/10 scale?

Bert_w164

Hi,

This isn't really a crawler specific, or even model specific, its more about finding wheels for that specific look/style. I'm going for Jay-Z big pim......, so want chrome spinners (doesn't have to be chromed, or even metal, plastic is fine) but they must have a bit that's spinny spin spin so that stance look.  I don't care if it ruins the cars handling, for handling queen I have other cars, this one just needs to look big pim with its glittery purple pink paint, chrome spinning wheels, and may be some crazy neon lighting down the road if I can be bothered...

Just to give an idea of what I'm after:

https://tenor.com/VzOe.gif

50 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Got any pics mate 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

Why would  you turn a decent looking crawler into a donk? Gonna squat it too? 

Might be a case for whistlindiesel coming up here. 🤨

Because I won't be crawling with it and still don't understand crawling. I went to a crawlers meet, the track was cool, the people were nice, their cars were nice but I just didn't get it. It just doesn't compute in my brain, to stand there trying to climb over stuff slowly when you can just apply speed and go to infinity and beyond...

So now this DC1 will be big pim....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bert_w164 said:

Because I won't be crawling with it and still don't understand crawling. I went to a crawlers meet, the track was cool, the people were nice, their cars were nice but I just didn't get it. It just doesn't compute in my brain, to stand there trying to climb over stuff slowly when you can just apply speed and go to infinity and beyond...

So now this DC1 will be big pim....

cac.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Nah bud, each to their own. If you go down that route, you absolutely do need an ESS One sound module for the "la cucaracha" horn though. 

A sound maker doo hickory was already on the cards. 

You need one of these for Golf:

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Haha 3

Not in a million years lol. The Golf doesn't even sound bad (in GTE mode), no idea why people are so opposed to the sound aktuator. It's of course "enhanced" sound, but i couldn't care less. I can appreciate a good engine sound (especially inline 5 and 6, as well as V8 and 10 - even four bangers), but i take the economy over "real sound" any day of the week 😄

I actually am quite fond of electric sounds as well, the Taycan sounds amazing - and the new Hellcat, despite being kind of blasphemous, sounds pretty good too. You can even "rev" it, lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Not in a million years lol. The Golf doesn't even sound bad (in GTE mode), no idea why people are so opposed to the sound aktuator. It's of course "enhanced" sound, but i couldn't care less. I can appreciate a good engine sound (especially inline 5 and 6, as well as V8 and 10 - even four bangers), but i take the economy over "real sound" any day of the week 😄

I actually am quite fond of electric sounds as well, the Taycan sounds amazing - and the new Hellcat, despite being kind of blasphemous, sounds pretty good too. You can even "rev" it, lol. 

I'm actually with you there, those who oppose it often haven't driven an EV. I was pretty impressed by my mates Tesla PD75 and that's going back a few years. Some of the more commercial offerings Uber drivers use are really nice, torquey and have a nice sound note. I just like the name Shonky and his plug in V8 sound maker. I'll mail you one for Xmas 🤗

• Like 1

Lolz, i guess i'll plug one of them whistles into the exhaust too, for sututu noises. Or what those people think a sututu sounds like (for clarification, those whistles sound like a chihuahua squeaky fart). 

In fact, on the topic of spinners - my wife is still after the spinning hub caps for the GTE (the emblem in the centre of the wheel not spinning when driving). Working hard to prevent that. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Lolz, i guess i'll plug one of them whistles into the exhaust too, for sututu noises. Or what those people think a sututu sounds like (for clarification, those whistles sound like a chihuahua squeaky fart). 

In fact, on the topic of spinners - my wife is still after the spinning hub caps for the GTE (the emblem in the centre of the wheel not spinning when driving). Working hard to prevent that. 😄

Your wife is definitely clued on and knows style, you married well 😎 

I prefer the duck dump valve, vrrrrrroooooomm ttss-quaaaack. 

I could attempt fitting an Audi pop and fart noise thing with flames to the back, just need to make sure not to set the car or other crawlers on fire, hmmm 🤔

• Like 1