• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Finding scale parts

Fef15t

I have a Lunchbox that needs a bit of work and, while I am working on it, I thought I might replace the very, very battered body.

Rather than just throw the current one away, I thought I would Mad Maxify it. I can make or find just about everything I need. The thing I am having trouble with is finding tread plate (either single or double diamond) in plastic. The lunchbox is 1/12 scale, but the closest I can find, in the tread plate, is 1/50.

So, the question is: Where do people find theirs? Or, if I can’t get it in the exact scale, what scale - that is more easily acquired - do you think I can get away with?

Thanks.

1 minute ago, BigGinge said:

It is, and has been in my wish list for ages, but I was hoping to find it in plastic (plasticard?), and a bit cheaper. I’ll have to go for it if I can’t find it in plastic.

17 hours ago, BigGinge said:

Yes! Thank you! They are exactly what I was hoping to find.

I’m sure Mad Max wasn’t overly inclined to crack out his scale rule whilst being chased down by a spike encrusted monster truck.

• Haha 2