• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Fury 2.0

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/10/2022 at 18:55, norwegiarc said:

Will this one handle HW 1080 ESC and 550 CrawlMaster 8t ?

My Canyon V2 have weak axles. Have break front axleshafts  two times now.

I have it back with stock combo now and will sell it

i have 1080 quickrun in this but would never dream of 8t motor, i have 35t motor and its just right

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Body and paint has arrived, looks like it will fit nicely, will have to use smaller tyres, lucky i have a set that will work well, body will be on magnetic mounts for the clean look.

a few colours to pick from but i think it will be British racing green, but not set in stone as yet, had planned on spearmint but having done a test piece not so sure now, this will be some time in prepping and paint as not gonna rush it and get it wrong

Fury F-150.JPG

• Like 3

Oh dear, this is already starting to become a full scale job, im now painting the black light buckets silver like they should be prior to building the front grille 😀

Have rough trimmed the wheel arches on the shell and its sitting very nice, should get perfect ride height with bottom of shell just on the rock sliders, and decided to go with British racing Green..................................of course it goes with out saying this will not be used in anger, it will be a trail truck

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

a little more trimming, smaller tyres mounted up, i feel its making good progress now, it will be a while before i get it painted as waiting on the magnetic mounts and TBH im in no rush

Capture.JPG

Looking good!

Can't wait to see it with the British racing green on 👍🏻

• Like 2

On 15/07/2023 at 13:06, Lone-wolf said:

a little more trimming, smaller tyres mounted up, i feel its making good progress now, it will be a while before i get it painted as waiting on the magnetic mounts and TBH im in no rush

Capture.JPG

Cant help think the rear ride height needs to come down  maybe 5-7mm, i could strip the rear shocks and put a spacer under each piston to drop the height as i cant lower the body any further...what do you guys feel

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Cant help think the rear ride height needs to come down  maybe 5-7mm, i could strip the rear shocks and put a spacer under each piston to drop the height as i cant lower the body any further...what do you guys feel

Short of buying shorter shocks this will be a quick way to drop the height for sure.

For me personally it's a little high for a trail truck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lone-wolf said:

Got a bit of a stumbling block, cant get the grille to fit tight to the front of the body, seems to have a gap about 1.5mm in a couple of places, more work with the Dremmel i think

What’s the quality like of the body ? I have the Range Rover body and it’s very hit and miss in places very thin literally can rip a hole in some places just by pushing it in with very minimal force I’m not overly impressed with it as I to have the same issue with the front grill doing the same thing but it’s going to be beaten with an inch of its life anyway so I’m not really worried about it that much but would be pretty annoyed if it was for a shelf queen 

4 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

What’s the quality like of the body ? I have the Range Rover body and it’s very hit and miss in places very thin literally can rip a hole in some places just by pushing it in with very minimal force I’m not overly impressed with it as I to have the same issue with the front grill doing the same thing but it’s going to be beaten with an inch of its life anyway so I’m not really worried about it that much but would be pretty annoyed if it was for a shelf queen 

Yep this body seems thin and flimsy compared to the one that was on my RTR, and its bugging me because though i would use it as a nice trail truck rather than a shelf queen i want it right

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Yep this body seems thin and flimsy compared to the one that was on my RTR, and its bugging me because though i would use it as a nice trail truck rather than a shelf queen i want it right

There not exactly cheap body shells either would of expected a better quality  don’t see mine lasting long to be honest already looking for something else to use 🙄

• Like 1

Feeling very let down by the Carisma F-150 shell, just cant get the grille to fit at each end, im feeling i may have to waste even more money and get a different shell, i have put it to one side for now or i will just lose my rag with it

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2