• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Car won't move

Pete 85

Hoping someone might have some insight...

So yesterday my Ravine just stopped working. Charged the battery to full, the transmitter has brand new batteries in, but neither the throttle or the steering are working.

I've only had the car since Friday and used it on small rock piles and dirt mounds.

When I turn the transmitter on I'm getting flashing red and green lights, no movement in the car itself when I try to power it on.

As I'm just starting out I'm no good at diagnosing faults, so before I jump the gun and send the car back to the retailer does anyone have any potential solution? I'm trying to get hold of a voltmeter to test the battery to see if that's the issue.

Until I'm confident with messing around with parts I don't want to take the motors, ESC or servos apart as yet in case I invalidate the warranty.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by Pete 85

1 hour ago, Pete 85 said:

I'm getting no steering at all. I've tried turning the controller on and then holding down the on/off switch on the car (which I'm assuming binds it) but no luck

it sounds like it needs re binding, or the ESC has packed in, read the handbook re how to bind, if that does not help it neds to go back to shop for a replacement, so dont try taking it apart

• Like 2

Not sure if the esc is the same but some one had a similar issue on their HiRock, the linked thread seems to have sorted it

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2022 at 17:30, Ag100 said:

Not sure if the esc is the same but some one had a similar issue on their HiRock, the linked thread seems to have sorted it

Cheers. Ended up sending it back in the end and had the ESC replaced.