• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cheap reliable Nitro?

.AJ.

I owned a nitro carnage for a while which was good fun, reliable and cheap (£40 second hand). Id always suggest a savage but considering they are like £500 plus right now thats out of the question. 1/8th nitro buggies dominate in reliability and durability so i dont know if a hyper of some sort would interest you.

My best advice is avoid nitrotek the stuff they sell are hard to find parts fore elsewhere and they don't have a lot of parts in stock

• Like 2

16 hours ago, .AJ. said:

I fancy a nitro to mess about with over the summer, what’s available that’s cheap and not a complete pile of poop??

Cheers 

I've found just what you're looking for!

The seller is obviously a member of some "Just For Laughs Club" , you'll have many wonderful hours with this exceptionally overpriced Schumacher Truck. 

It's located in 'cloud cuckoo land' just left of the Angel Of The North 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20220420-065936_eBay.jpg

• Haha 3

• 10 months later...

So I'm a newcomer to the rc hobby and I was doing research and I think I want to get a nitro car mainly because I like to tinker with engines and find them more interesting than electric however I dont want to get an awful car just because its cheap so I got around $200 to spend and I found Redcat and HSP cars and have heard they are ok for the money but before I go and spend the money https://9apps.ooo/ I wanted to get recommendations from more experienced people.

Edited by limnakhau

I wouldn't reccomend either.
I would however, recommend you save a bit more money....as your budget is not great considering you will need to buy extra stuff, like glow starter & charger, servo power pack and charger and fuel....plus some basic tools

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...