• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lipos where to get them cheap but not crap

Dannyboy199401

I got a pair of Zee lipos via the eBay. All good so far! On the subject of battery’s does anyone use adapters? I’m mulling over getting a Max but want to utilise my existing battery’s without having to resort to the solder iron.

I'm charging up 2 x Zeee 2S, 5200mAh 50C LiPos that I picked up as a pair on ebay for £29.99 right now.

I'll let you know how I get on with them. I also have a Goldbat 3S, 6200mAh 50C LiPo that I got from Amazon that I've had no problems with.

On 13/04/2022 at 19:32, LunsfordRich said:

I got a pair of Zee lipos via the eBay. All good so far! On the subject of battery’s does anyone use adapters? I’m mulling over getting a Max but want to utilise my existing battery’s without having to resort to the solder iron.

On 13/04/2022 at 21:58, Stormbringer said:

Adapters are fine although they do introduce another potential failure point

Every joint adds resistance to the circuit but you're talking about a tiny amount.  I'd be more concerned about adapting a lipo battery to fit a Tamiya plug rather than a Traxxas one.

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for Zee and Goldbat from Amazon. I've got one of each - 3s 5200 mAh 60C. Both been running ok so far.

Prices can differ though, so check Amazon and eBay for which ever is cheapest at the time.

They also do the same batteries with different connectors. So make sure you search thoroughly, you may find the connector type you need!

I picked up 2x 5000mah 65c 4s batteries from CNHL for about £80 and cannot fault them so far. They have these 3s on sale at the moment 

https://chinahobbyline.com/collections/uk-warehouse/products/cnhl-black-series-5000mah-11-1v-3s-65c-lipo-battery-with-ec5-plug-2-packs?_pos=4&_fid=3fd9c8e8e&_ss=c

Edited by Rjs1882

On 11/05/2022 at 19:22, UKRobster said:

Another vote for Zee and Goldbat from Amazon. I've got one of each - 3s 5200 mAh 60C. Both been running ok so far.

Prices can differ though, so check Amazon and eBay for which ever is cheapest at the time.

They also do the same batteries with different connectors. So make sure you search thoroughly, you may find the connector type you need!

One thing I will say about the zees I think the capacity they’ve printed on the label is a tad optimistic!