• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Suggestions please ?

Tom1208

What about going for something a little smaller than the dark impact?

Our boy (now six) has had a Q901 for a year or so now and despite his best efforts as so far failed to kill it. This includes driving it at full speed into numerous solid objects (walls/fences/benches) and all the fun that came from him learning to jump it (he still hasn't worked out the whole landing thing). Because it's fairly small and light, with a decent brushless motor in it, it can carry a fair bit of speed and you might find it will outpace the dark impact with its brushed motor set up. Run time on the small lipo cells it comes with is about 15 minutes so it's worth having a few spare if you want to go out for a longer run. The only thing I've done to the car was to fit the up-rated oil filled shocks as the basic friction ones that came with it were't the best for driving with and quickly seize if they get wet/dirty; I think the new ones were about £10 or so.

The Q901/Q902/Q903 are all brushless versions of the Absima Spirit/X Truck/Racer 1/16 models (aka. Xinlehong 9136 etc) so you can get spares for them from model sport (and bangood/aliexpress/ebay) if needed. I think you probably do need to order them from china but if you pick the right seller they should turn up in a week or two.

https://uk.banggood.com/Xinlehong-Q901-1-or-16-2_4G-4WD-52km-or-h-Brushless-Proportional-Control-RC-Car-with-LED-Light-RTR-Toys-p-1445869.html?cur_warehouse=CN&ID=229

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003441297494.html

EDT: The 2nd video below seems to show how sturdy these little trucks are (even if he does manage to snap off the wheelie bar)

Edited by BigGinge
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Tom1208 said:

Thanks gaz 👍

I had never really thought of traxxas stuff but a lot of people really rate them. 
they seem to be tough. 
defo look in to them 👍

do you know I might sell you it gaz. 
i ordered a new chassis yesterday to keep the wee fella going. It was only £9.00.

so it will be fully operational. There’s a shed load of spares and alloy upgrades in the box also. 
i would like to hang on to the electrics tho as we might need them for the next car he likes. 

No pressure or rush at all mate, yeah I have another set of electrics here anyhoo.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, BigGinge said:

What about going for something a little smaller than the dark impact?

Our boy (now six) has had a Q901 for a year or so now and despite his best efforts as so far failed to kill it. This includes driving it at full speed into numerous solid objects (walls/fences/benches) and all the fun that came from him learning to jump it (he still hasn't worked out the whole landing thing). Because it's fairly small and light, with a decent brushless motor in it, it can carry a fair bit of speed and you might find it will outpace the dark impact with its brushed motor set up. Run time on the small lipo cells it comes with is about 15 minutes so it's worth having a few spare if you want to go out for a longer run. The only thing I've done to the car was to fit the up-rated oil filled shocks as the basic friction ones that came with it were't the best for driving with and quickly seize if they get wet/dirty; I think the new ones were about £10 or so.

The Q901/Q902/Q903 are all brushless versions of the Absima Spirit/X Truck/Racer 1/16 models (aka. Xinlehong 9136 etc) so you can get spares for them from model sport (and bangood/aliexpress/ebay) if needed. I think you probably do need to order them from china but if you pick the right seller they should turn up in a week or two.

https://uk.banggood.com/Xinlehong-Q901-1-or-16-2_4G-4WD-52km-or-h-Brushless-Proportional-Control-RC-Car-with-LED-Light-RTR-Toys-p-1445869.html?cur_warehouse=CN&ID=229

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003441297494.html

EDT: The 2nd video below seems to show how sturdy these little trucks are (even if he does manage to snap off the wheelie bar)

Very impressive as he wasnt very gentle with it :insane: