• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lights and getting them to work

Bigdal1995

Hi I am new to all this and wondering I have installed some led lights and plugged them in to channel 3 when I switch channel 3 they don't turn on and off can anyone help do I need to purchase something else ? 

Thanks in advance 

Sorry new to all this brought a set of front and rear lights of eBay couple of quid and trying to get them to turn on and off with the controller is their any pictures that will help mate ? 

That won't happen, turning the channel on and off on the remote doesn't cut power.  To cycle the power on and off you need an additional controller, something like this: 

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-receiver-controlled-switch-1.html?___store=en_us

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdal1995 said:

So do I need a separate module to cut power ? 

Yes, unless you have a RX/TX with that capability, which by the sounds of it, you don't have. Or just install a switch yourself but that would be a manual intervention rather than controlled at the remote end.