• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wheel hub, does such a thing exist?

Paulnb57

I have a project in mind (reverse trike) that needs a non driven wheel hub, that will take an SCX10 style wheel, think motorcycle wheel, hub bearing each side, axle through, except instead of spokes a flange to take the RC wheel

Does such a thing exist please?

Thank you!

just use any rear upright complete with bearings and axle/12mm wheel hex. If you are planning on a proper swing axle and shock setup,  then you need to do some more fabrication.

I have used offcuts of Acetal / Delrin which you cna get off E-Bay for not a lot of money.

It's fairly simple to duplicate the setup of real world 3 wheelers with that layout like the BMW Isetta or Messerchmidt KRs.

If you don;t need suspension on the rear end, it's dead simple. Just attach the rear suspension upright directly to the chassis, and install the axle.

Take something like a TT02 Tamiya rear upright, and mount it horizontally...not in its usual orientation, and you have 2 bolt mounts to fix it to the chassis. Pop in bearings and an axle with 12mm hex...job done.

If you are mounting it to a swing axle....bolt it to that.  As I mentioned, flat 5-7mm Delrin will work really well and can be cut with basic hand-tools, and drilled for pivots.