• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What Brand Transmitter for my first?

MikeM4r5h411

Hi, I'm new to the forum and RC in general. (I have typed Transmitters into search box and nothing came up)

So I'm basically trying to get my bearings as to what's a worthwhile transmitter and receiver combo. Its been a looong time since ive had RC cars "Spektrum DSX3" was my last RC days.

Was just wandering what's the brands these days or can anyone recommend a combo that's good for a beginner and not sky high pricing. 

I bought my boy a cheap FTX Vantage for Xmas and I have to get into the hobby myself lol. I also play a bit of VRC Pro if that helps with recommendations??

Many thanks for help in advance..... Hope you all had a good Xmas too lol.

They Both Good price range  Flysky GT5 seems to have all features as you said without the price tag of a spekrum. 

Is Flysky and Turnigy the same or something?  They both Have a GT5 and they look the same apart from one is a "AFHDS 2A" and the other isnt a "2A"

Edited by MikeM4r5h411

52 minutes ago, Tug said:

Yeah, I also have a GT3B, nice enough, no range issues, RXs are dirt cheap. 

This also helps solve my first question without really asking it.

I've seen a lot of "FlySky" stuff online but didn't know anything about them. Only gonna be using it for bashing so as long as it does the basics with a half decent range (I don't wanna be going silly distances like 500m to pick it up when I land it on its roof haha) and stable signal strength.