• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi mini t 2.0 stearing advice

forbs

This is happening to my model but I suppose could be applicable to everyone in the RC world.

So I have a brand new losi mini t and whenever I center the stearing after a couple of turns up and down the street it kinks slightly off to the left. 

I have made sure everything is tight or loose enough in the linkage to work. The servo saver is tight and no splines are missing on the servo. 

Can anyone recommend something else I can try ? At this point I'm assuming it's a weak servo saver not allowing the wheels to set back to zero? 

Many thanks.  Dave 

could be the servo saver too weak as long as yoove reset the steering horn and centred the trim on the TX it prob the servo saver may need tightening down a tad could also just be the servo depending on the model if its an inhouse brand a better one will pull back centre 👍

14 hours ago, Bajadre said:

could be the servo saver too weak as long as yoove reset the steering horn and centred the trim on the TX it prob the servo saver may need tightening down a tad could also just be the servo depending on the model if its an inhouse brand a better one will pull back centre 👍

Thanks. This I what I thought. The servo saver won't go any tighter. I might try glue it shut. I know it will cause the servo to fail in time but it's pretty useless at the minute. 

It's annoying because it came brand new like this. Anyway I should know better RTR = ready to rebuild 🤣

• Like 1

Thanks pal. 

No strange buzzing noise. It's a new 1/16th spectrum servo so I assumed it would be decent. It returns true with no splines missing. If you turn on the tx and Rx and put load on the servo saver it's stays kinked one way.. I think it must be a poor design. It's not even like it's working hard, this thing is tiny lol. I could understand it on an xmaxx 

when looking through hop ups for my mini b i seen they do a alloy servo horn for it and the mini t 2 but that means losing the servo saver, i dont have this issue on the mini b  maybe because the front wheels are a lot narrower even though i am running brushless 6100kv 🙂

servo seems good a speccy metal gear job out the box 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1