• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

how do I mesh my ftx outlaw (brushless) spur and pinion gear?

carmadman1

If it’s adjustable then just jam a folded piece of paper in there, push it reasonably snug and tighten the bots. If it’s not adjustable then you are limited to specific pinion/spur combos, probably listed in the manual 👍🏻

• Like 1

Yeah as above you can get a steel pinion and spur gear, highly recommend you buy those straight away, the stock ones are awful.

I think you can actually adjust them, but in fixed positions, if you screw the motor mount on the other way around, you can fit a larger pinion. But yes, for all intensive purposes you cant fine tune adjust them as such.

2 hours ago, BUDFORCE said:

Yeah as above you can get a steel pinion and spur gear, highly recommend you buy those straight away, the stock ones are awful.

I think you can actually adjust them, but in fixed positions, if you screw the motor mount on the other way around, you can fit a larger pinion. But yes, for all intensive purposes you cant fine tune adjust them as such.

You can also drill the mount but it wont mesh right, hes right tho you can fit a larger pinion with a seperate 21t mount or flip the 17t tooth mount around but DON'T the truck will cog and will not perform well at all, would likely cook the motor too.

10 hours ago, BUDFORCE said:

what steel spur gear shall i get

On 06/11/2021 at 17:17, carmadman1 said:

what steel spur gear shall i get

Hi, frustraitingly I cannot find the exact one I got, but its very much like this:

https://www.clevelandmodels.co.uk/product/ftx-outlaw-upgraded-steel-62t-spur-gear17t-steel-pinion-stock-clearance/

I am guessing that is the same as I got, but I didnt get it from that website. Steel pinion and spur will last much much longer, the brass stock one is like some monkey metal it was shreds itself in no time.

• Like 1