• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gold edition os glow plugs

Madmoz7610

Hi all was given a limited gold edition os no 8 glow plug earlier, has anyone used these or even heard of them before? 

Didn know they did them in gold and to be honest didn even know about the numbers meaning hotter or cooler lol never changed the one in the mta4 yrs ago jus ran it as is for yrs no problems, anytime of the yr lol attached a pic of it jus incase anyone wanted to see it lol

IMG_20211003_215947.jpg

These were a limited edition special for the companies 80th anniversary. No actual difference in any regard to a stock plug of the same heat range....just given a gold finish.

You can get them on E-Bay now and then, but they don;t seem to fetch more than a normal plug would really. I would keep it in the pack as a nice thing to own, rather than use it.

It's the sort of thing that may increase in value ( or not ) but is a nice talking point.

"hey, have you seen this shiny gold glowplug? "

Yea iv seen one on eBay and didn cost anymore than the normal plugs, might keep it in the pack but could jus use it as I don't go to many meeting and jus go to a local park with my brother in law, jus wondered if they had any difference to a normal plug, do look really kewl tho