• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HELP! maverick phantom xt - broken wheels first time out!

RCTigger

My son has a new phantom xt 1/10 rc car.  He super excited... me even more so.  My first outing since my Tamiya FAV some 30 years ago!

Sadly first day out he got a little over excited and we now have three cracked wheels, making the wheels unusable. 

Now I can buy replacement wheels at £18/pair, but these are also plastic and I fear we will go down the same road of rinse and repeat.  Does anybody know of any compatible aluminium hubs / wheels that are suitable with this RC Car please, or anything sturdier that doesn't require a completely new car?!

Appreciate the help.

IMG_1836.thumb.JPG.a1cc39e58fa388ada071217c67ffa18b.JPG

IMG_1835.JPG

just need a bettter brand plastic rim i expect OP whats the wheel fitment ? 12mm hub?

could be over tightening the wheel nut and that in turn weakens  the hub structure, could try a  flat spacer to stop the nut ripping in to the plastic you get that on the old savages until they put a backing  spacer on there wheel nuts

• Like 2

Don't need metal wheels  just better ones  someone should be along with a suggestion

but as you broke 3 on the first run you might want to go easy with the car  or get a better one

Edited by turok007
  • Like 2

Check sizes (or get on owners thread for recommendations) but something like this would be a cheaper solution:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-carnage-mounted-wheels-tyres-black-2--369427

Advice above is good, you don't want alu rims for many reasons, plastic is perfectly good but obv there's poor ones or ways to break good ones.  

• Like 2