• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Mojave EXB 6s - Questions and Thoughts

Chris Curby

Evening All,

So finally decided to scrap going for  a Traxxas Slash again, after watching a few videos on the Tube from Tomley RC for the Arrma Mojave I am sold on getting one!

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/arrma-mojave-exb-extreme-bash-roller-1333068

Roller seems the best option which gives me the chance to slap my own setup in it.  

This speed run video from Tomley shows the truck struggling to accept the 8s either the ESC or the batterys not up to it..

Somewhere in the comments it mentions using a Castle setup????

Any suggestions on what to use to get to 8s??

This is a beast of a truck for the money compared to the Traxxas UDR, same thing with the Senton vs Slash, for me Arrma win this on price in both options...Kinda feel like your paying for the name with Traxxas..

Cheers

Curby..

Max6 or Max5 for the ESC. 

For the motor, look at what comes in the RTR and work from there. If you're planning on 8S, you'll need a lower kv than the RTR, probably around 400 kv less. 

• Like 1

Cheers Tug....

So if I buy the roller version from Modelsport https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/arrma-mojave-exb-extreme-bash-roller-1333068

Can anyone recommend a good setup from start to finish, my budget is £1200.00 including the roller..

ESC, motor, receiver, servo ETC,,

I want it to be the ultimate basher, not for speed running, but ideally want crazy power for all terrains, although I am leaning towards a good Castle setup I would consider other options as they would be cheaper and I can put more money into the receiver or some extra batteries.

And ideally want to run 1 battery not two...

Cheers....

Hobbywing Max6/1650kv combo, Futaba radio T4PM, CNHL batteries 6s... 👍🏼

Castle MMX8s/1717 combo would be great too, but just too overpriced here in the UK, I'd just go Hobbywing..!! 

You could even go Hobbywing Max6/5687/1100kv for a  monster torque setup 😉