• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cheap LIPO's too good to be true?

ando

I was looking for LIPO's preferably in the UK and came across this double pack with no reviews on amazon for £16 delivered, 2 x 2S 4500mah 25c

Having prime I thought I'd take the chance, I've ran one today for about 30-45 minutes (not exact as I didn't time it) with power still left.

I charged it and the lipo took on 3500, my charger doesn't read capacity as far as I know, so I'm guessing it did still have capacity left. 

Weight of the lipo is 218 grams, I've only smaller 2000mah mini packs to compare to  that weigh about half of that.

My question really is has anyone used these before? anything to watch out for on cheap batteries like these? Are capacities faked? 

image.png.3bdf27841486746a411009391e55a8cc.png

I've never used or even seen that brand but I've bought plenty of lipos from Amazon and they've been absolutely flawless. Zeee is a decent brand, as is Vorjay and recently I've tried out the Sunpadow batteries aswell. They all seem to be good quality, accurate enough mah & C ratings and really excellent value for money 👍

• Like 2

Ive never used KEROs before but like james said most of the amazon lipos are pretty good tbh not high c raters for racing or anything but great for bashing about etc i have heard of lipos with false mah ratings before but tbh for that price £16 if you get a few months out of them i would be happy 🙂 let us know how they get on ando 👍

4 hours ago, Juanmacine said:

These "cheap" lipos are the same with different brands, probably comes from the same chinese factory.

As in all china lipo's will be the same? unless you go for a reputable brand?

Thanks for everyone's input btw, been out of RC's for a good few years now, always bought half decent branded/known batteries, so thought I'd ask 

I've ran it again today for about 20 minutes, no issues from what I can tell, it's sort of a bodge as it's inside a 1/12 scale with little room for manoeuvre , currently held in place with a elastic band around it then one through that,  then attached to the body posts 😄

Edited by ando
  • Like 1

I have a couple of Keep 2S lipos, the 40C versions which I run in series in my wife's hyper. No issues with them at all, hard case too which is a bonus. The other batteries I use are the Vorjay 80Cs, other than a clear difference in punch, they all behave the same. 

As long as they fit your requirements and you exercise general lipo safety measures, you should be fine 👍🏽

• Like 1