• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carson Montana nitro

Madmoz7610

Well took Monty out for a bit of a blast earlier today, ran amazing and the roto start is soo much better than pull start lol 

Was given a limited gold edition os no8 glow plug earlier and a fastrax rebuildable fuel filter which looks and fits much better than the cheap eBay one 🤠 

Also gave both trucks a bit of a shower as both were boggin 🤦 gona let them dry out naturally as won't be usin either again till Wednesday if the weather's nice 🙂 anyway pic of the new fuel filter, and plug lol 

IMG_20211003_213848.jpg

IMG_20211003_215947.jpg

• Like 1

Well bearings collapsed in the standard 13tooth clutch bell yesterday, fitted a spare 14tooth bell my brother in law had laying around so at least we can have a bash tomoz 🤠 

Also noticed the fly wheel is cracked so gona have to replace that at some point but still gona bash it until it's proper broken lol also got a 17tooth bell comin next week so should gear it up a fair bit, as long as it goes on to the spur that is 🤠 also took some pics of what he's gona be takin out tomoz 😍 an included a pic of my cracked flywheel lol 

IMG_20211009_183750.jpg

IMG_20211009_183742.jpg

IMG_20211009_202105.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted in here for a while lol 

Locked the center diff recently as it wasn't sending much power to the rear wheels and it's completely transformed it 😁 it's now 4wd and once my 7k and 10k diff oil turns up il.be able to replace the grease currently in the front an rear diffs lol.

Been through a fair few bearings in the clutch bell too lol and jus stripped it down to change yet more clutch bearings out and found the shoes have worn a fair bit... Hopefully gettin some Ali ones off my brother in law Monday tho.

Carnage has decided to go rwd as the grub screw, drive cup near the slipper has decided to not want to hold the shaft lol so have 2 trucks that won't be moving anytime soon, and with the misses bein pregnant I doubt il be able to buy any new bits or trucks any time soon 🥺 🥺 fingers crossed the kids into RCS so I can keep enjoying the hobby lol 

Anyway have fun bashing guys and hopefully il be out again soon lol 

IMG_20211023_202113.jpg

7k diff oil and the front ZD racing shocks arrived today 🙂 fitted the shocks so now it's all matching and took the ear plugs out the center diff, cleaned it up and put the 7k oil in 🤠 jus need to replace the fly wheel as that's what's causing the excessive wear on the shoes lol only time will tell if the center diff actually sends power to the rear wheels... If not I'm gona shoe glue it and lock it properly lol or order a new diff an see if that helps it. If all that fails then it's gona be an expensive shelf queen and never used again lol 

Also the shocks are a few mm longer than the old ones and alot stiffer so hopefully no more bottoming out when I'm racing around the park lol 

IMG_20211026_174444.jpg

• Like 1

New fly wheel kit and fly wheel puller turned up today 🤠 jus waitin on the piston locker now so I can fit it all without damaging anything else lol front shocks look really good on it and now I can do the Kevin Talbot drop test an not bottom out lol not sure whether to fiber glass the shell or the shoe glue an dry wall tape 

Got given a ttr eb4 S3 body earlier, needs a bit of trimmin but will fit an look amazing, was also given a eb4 exhaust and air filter and Jesus its transformed the thing, was gona gear it down but don't need to now with the new bits 🙂 goes much quicker than a savage X with a big red lol will post pics later once IV fitted the new shell 

Well really happy with how the Carson is looking 🙂 jus need the wing mount now an it will be a specter/ eb4/ losi 8ight 2.0-4.0 Frankenstein lol 

It's got losi air filter and pipe.

Eb4 exhaust and shell and soon to be wing.

Kyosho wheels and proline street fighter tires. 

120mm ZD racing front shocks.

140mm ZD racing rear shocks.

RW racing 17t clutch bell meant for a hpi savage with aluminium clutch shoes.

7k center diff oil.

Standard oil in front and 3k in rear.

Fastrax roto start.

eBay specials 20kg steering servo.

Running ftx carnage receiver and transmitter.

Next on the list is specter wing mount, carbon hd brake pads, lower toothed center diff spur gear (brother in law's got a 42t I got my eye on lol) 5.9 force engine, proline trenchers to fit my standard Mt wheels and another set of suspension mounts as these ain't gona last long as IV already rolled it today lol but for now it's lookin epic 

IMG_20211102_193512.jpg

IMG_20211102_192437.jpg

IMG_20211102_192429.jpg

IMG_20211102_192416.jpg

IMG_20211102_192411.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Little update on Monty, well cross threaded the glow plug so had to buy a new burn room bit for top of the engine an the new one isn't as deep as the last, meanin there's either gona be very low compression or more room for the explosion which might make it quicker... But my guess is it's gona explode in spectacular style lol will have to video it next time its out as if it does explode it's gona be epic lol 

• 1 month later...

Hi Sorry to jump on your Retro thread . But i have a complete Carson Montana Outback  3.5cc Nitro truck. Been used once then dry stored for the last 15yrs. (3 house moves) Radio gear etc, all complete. I am going to advertise it for sale. If anyone wants some current pics and to make me an offer contact me via email at [email protected]. I'm in Lincolnshire.

Cheers Tim