• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spektrum SX107 and Futaba Receiver

JupiterTwo

Hello there. Has anyone any experience with Spektrum SX107 micro servos and Futaba Receivers?

I picked one of these up the other day for my Ryft build, and when I plugged it in it wouldn't work. I returned it etc, and ordered a new one from a different supplier.

That's arrived today, and the same thing, it appears to be DOA. Now that seems unlikely.

The reciever (RS304SB-E) is in 'normal' speed mode, so supports analog and digital servos. But nothing happens. I've tried it in the normal steering servo port, but not a peep.

I've not found any comments of this combo not working yet, so I wondered if anyone else had faced a similar issue with this servo?

Another one arrived  today, same situation.  That seems very unlikely, but why wouldn’t they work with a simple 2ch futaba receiver?

power hd tr4 booked for Monday, so at least the build can continue 

48 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Can you confirm the servos work in other RX’s?

Yep, savox, power hd and a different spektrum servo all work in r304sb-e, r202gf and a r2106gf

3 hours ago, JupiterTwo said:

Yep, savox, power hd and a different spektrum servo all work in r304sb-e, r202gf and a r2106gf

No I mean do the Spektrum SX107s work with another rx? can you confirm theyre not at fault?

3 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

No I mean do the Spektrum SX107s work with another rx? can you confirm theyre not at fault?

Yeah, I've tried them too with the three different futaba receivers I listed.

Just got home to find the a different micro servo delivered (PowerHD TR-4), and that's worked straight away. The odds of 3 in a row being borked are not in my favour, but I'll have to return them or get a servo tester.

13 hours ago, JupiterTwo said:

Yeah, I've tried them too with the three different futaba receivers I listed.

Just got home to find the a different micro servo delivered (PowerHD TR-4), and that's worked straight away. The odds of 3 in a row being borked are not in my favour, but I'll have to return them or get a servo tester.

I meant are you able to try them with non futaba receivers to see if the servos are working

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

I meant are you able to try them with non futaba receivers to see if the servos are working

Nah, sadly I've not got any other make kit to try it with.

No worries though, they're in the postal system now back to their suppliers.

Waiting on the 25t servo adapter to arrive so I can hook up the TR-4.

Thanks for your interest in this one, hopefully it's just my bad luck.

• Like 1