• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Ranger XC 1/16 Owners

tomr

6 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

yes pretty much, its a big improvement over the stock NI-MH, i have a pair of 2200mah 2s Floureon lipo`s spare and found one would fit just nice

Ok thanks for confirming. Can get one of these trucks for £96 at the moment or wait for the TRX4m but that’s £180 so don’t know if it’s worth the extra keep watching loads of youtube vids of both and want both 😆

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sp0oner73 said:

Ok thanks for confirming. Can get one of these trucks for £96 at the moment or wait for the TRX4m but that’s £180 so don’t know if it’s worth the extra keep watching loads of youtube vids of both and want both 😆

I would hold of the TRX4m, i am hearing some problems, its a new model and needs time to find out what breaks on it

• Like 2

If you scroll back through this thread you will see a pic of mine with 2200, i push the battery under the rear posts and then a bit of velcro round other end, i have had my XC in the for sale section for ages

Found the pic for ya

lipo.JPG

Edited by Lone-wolf
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks. I'm new to the forum and looking to get back into RC albeit on a bit of a budget. Due to the budget issues, to begin with at least I'm sticking to NiMH packs (Main reasons being I'm used to the technology and the extra costs of a decent LiPo charger and battery safe etc severely limit my options for cars) which makes the Outback XC look like a lot of fun for the money and I have a few questions.

Firstly, I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the average run time is on the stock battery?

Secondly are there any bigger NiMH packs that will fit the battery tray?

And Thirdly, where do people find these cheap hard bodies such as the ones that Tomr has used? 

• 4 months later...