• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Ranger XC 1/16 Owners

tomr

After buying myself a little XC and being super impressed with it I thought I’d open an owners thread .

Its not  perfect by any stretch, the steering has quite a lot of slop in the links, the shocks stick a little once it’s been sat for a while and a few other small  niggles but for the price I have to say it’s great fun and surprisingly capable for its size .

Not a big fan of the body but again for the price it’s fairly decent, I’m actually working on a new body at the min which is  taking me longer than I would of liked but it’s not far from being finished 👍

15A62C65-7CC4-4D22-AA02-271D2A129CA3.thumb.jpeg.9e8a2d82d2be0698dda680c4fef61440.jpeg

3CD9BFF9-8C8A-491C-8F9F-AF69F7CB1A0B.thumb.jpeg.ef9bda636df1c752b3d384ea4c5acc4e.jpeg

C33F19CE-195C-4965-9611-14F4432E988B.thumb.jpeg.3bfbbd38d285d9b1d3a37a5ef2ea436a.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DartmoorTrails said:

Tempted with one of these, been looking at a smaller scale for a while and seeing more good quality option parts coming out I reckon the FTX would take quite nicely.

Do you have a 1/10 to compare it against @tomr?

Keen for a video if you're putting one up.

Yeah got a few 1/10 rigs in my collection mate. Obviously it can’t compete against the bigger stuff with it being so small but then with its size the terrain that you would normally walk past with your 10th scale stuff suddenly looks like  trailing heaven 😁

I’ll get the video up today 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thats a nice wee capable truck :cheers:

I have the Cub

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-outback-mini-x-cub-1-18-trail-rtr-met.-cyan-447272

and my son got the wee 1/24 Axial 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/axial-1-24-scx24-1967-chevrolet-c10-4wd-truck-brushed-rtr-green-446939

and really impressed by how they go and what they can achieve as well :good:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Thats a nice wee capable truck :cheers:

I have the Cub

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-outback-mini-x-cub-1-18-trail-rtr-met.-cyan-447272

and my son got the wee 1/24 Axial 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/axial-1-24-scx24-1967-chevrolet-c10-4wd-truck-brushed-rtr-green-446939

and really impressed by how they go and what they can achieve as well :good:

Thanks mate 👍It definitely surprised me what they can achieve.

Im actually looking into  a 1/18 or 1/24 next 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

whoops just ordered the full back green version.........got a pair of 1500mah 2s lipo that will work well with this BTW im sure i spotted a video on YT showing a mod to get more flex/travel on the suspension 

Edited by Jack Reacher
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

whoops just ordered the full back green version.........got a pair of 1500mah 2s lipo that will work well with this BTW im sure i spotted a video on YT showing a mod to get more flex/travel on the suspension 

Awesome 👍great little rigs for the money .

Yeah seen that vid but I didn’t think it needed any more suspension travel tbh 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Reacher said:

@tomr that video, great run, the little truck did better than i expected, got out of a good few scrapes, i think i will stick to stock green shell but line it inside with duck tape, nice run thanks for posting

Thanks mate 👍 With some better tyres on it’ll be fantastic 

The stock body is pretty thick I don’t think you’ll damage it in a hurry , you can always have my red version if you want it ? 
Ive took the snorkel and lights from it but would be easy to swap yours in for a bit of a different look 👀 

• Like 1

Thanks but im good with the stock green "estate" model, been wanting a landi defender a while and think this fits the bill, also it will fit in my back pack so i can do the Shibden valley trail with it, and thats a great spot and lovely walk

• Like 1