• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Ranger XC 1/16 Owners

tomr

6 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Decent vid mate and it did well in the vid :good:

I have the Cub and find that does well out and about not to shabby for 1/16th scalers :cheers:

Thanks Storms I never bothered with these mini rigs before but they’re addictive little things 👍

• Like 1

There was the little issue with the back end of shell, it wiggled my OCD so i cut and glued a strip of 3mm exterior plywood in the back, all clamped and glue setting,  will re mount the spare wheel tomorrow and all good the plywood is on inside so will not be seen

Edited by Jack Reacher

6 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Yes very quiet and my experience with the 370-380 size motors, they last forever, also parts are silly dirt cheap, whole chassis is like £7.50 ish

The motor seems to run nice and cool as well even in the temps we’ve had lately 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Now then mate, they look the dogs whats its on the truck made to measure, nice one bro

Ha ha I’m still looking at the truck in my living room, love the look with the wheels on and should have some killer grip out on the trails .

Cheers mate 

• Like 1

Postman delivered my wheel weights(plumbers solder) 👍 Weight added and ready for a good run out.

I thought I may have to upgrade the steering servo but after giving it a quick test in the garden it actually has plenty of power and it’s metal geared 💪

Stock  wheels 

78166275-5962-4872-ABA2-26B0EDCC7995.thumb.jpeg.c4e31a0f66e9cc370a0010adc18b8a13.jpeg

New wheels with weight added

DA1E6EC3-FDD1-4F27-81AC-978FA856D91F.thumb.jpeg.2f43c8d5f56d711e35180ab0eb582ad8.jpeg

Ready to rock 😎

E44E6062-E9AD-4B7E-B79B-9D4D7200A25F.thumb.jpeg.06bfcf28da1edf02ff98b164a7f9bbd4.jpeg

Edited by tomr
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

cool, i fitted the supplied shock pre-load rings and i feel it has made a difference

We’ll you’ll get extra axle pumpkin clearance when ya new wheel arrive 👍

• Like 1