• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Ranger XC 1/16 Owners

tomr

@Jack ReacherYou’ll probably get away with some 75mm tyres  mate,possibly need to raise the body a touch or dremel the arches,  they’re about the same compound without the foams in .The foam is a touch firm so I’ll either cut them or run without, should be fine seeing it’s only a mini crawler.

You’d need a set of 1.55 wheels as well , still waiting for mine to arrive 🤯

B0645BAE-2343-4F42-8AF9-9E2CCD05FDE7.thumb.jpeg.55bc81659fe4565496372ec2497f3edb.jpeg

A1C1ABFC-1F76-41C8-88C2-7CF860CB0C8D.thumb.jpeg.7e6e0bda7b336c4aad1544ebe4211413.jpeg

Edited by tomr
  • Like 2

On 14/02/2022 at 18:18, Jack Reacher said:

The new body shell arrived today, well done to Wheelspin models for good price and fast delivery, when i bought the XC i was torn between yellow pickup or green snot box, i now have the choice, this is just a new shell on the original chassis, but i suspect it will stay like this now for a good while

yellow xc 2.PNG

yellow xc 3.PNG

yellow XC.PNG

75mm tyres fit great and only needed the smallest of trimming to the rear of the front arches and lifting the body a few mm .
They’re slightly to small for the Mad Max body so binned that for now and stuck the stock body on with magnets.

It might get a run tomorrow 👍🏻

FD30C9A9-32AE-47F9-BF98-AE5C8121281B.thumb.jpeg.1783f8bb4002e1da936ce9a0acb76335.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Nice run bro, tyres working well

Yeah pretty pleased with them mate, I’m looking forward to getting to the forest as soon as they’ve cleared the fallen trees and open up the trails, be nice to  get it on some tricky sections.
Need to find a new hard body or mod the army jeep to fit these wheels next  👍🏻

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

That wee truck really moves well and the suspension really works  :good:

Yeah the extra ground clearance from the bigger wheels works a treat 👍 that little run would of been a mare with stock tyres 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello new to RC and the forum. Bought one of these last week after buying an Ftx Tracer. Seems addictive 😬 Has anyone managed to add extra lights using the spare ways? One is for break lights the other for general lighting. I've looked around on Ebay etc but cant seem to find anything with the right connector. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.  Thanks 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, sp0oner73 said:

Great thread as considering one of these or a TRX4m but prefer 1/16 over 1/18 and one of these is half the price of the 4m.

What battery run time can you get from a 2s lipo?

I would say about 40 mins running 2200 2s lipo but  i tend to run it faster than average crawler so might be able to grab 50 mins on a good day

• Like 1