• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma typhon v5 6s: will this transmitter work ?

eddywatson

It should be, the typhon rx advertises it's compatible with DSMR protocol which is what the DX5C uses. 

To bind the tx and rx you'll need to follow the instructions that come with the DX5C, you can probably download them on the spektrum website. 

To calibrate your ESC use the original instructions that came with the car. 

Unless you have a particular reason for wanting the DX5 transmitter have a look at the Futaba 3PV and flysky GT5. They have similar features and the fly sky is a fair bit cheaper. 

2 hours ago, lorrylemming said:

It should be, the typhon rx advertises it's compatible with DSMR protocol which is what the DX5C uses. 

To bind the tx and rx you'll need to follow the instructions that come with the DX5C, you can probably download them on the spektrum website. 

To calibrate your ESC use the original instructions that came with the car. 

Unless you have a particular reason for wanting the DX5 transmitter have a look at the Futaba 3PV and flysky GT5. They have similar features and the fly sky is a fair bit cheaper. 

Il have a look at the ones you mentioned cheers 

That's kind of a big question, the two specific features a better radio will have that most people use are endpoint adjustment and exponential. These are explained here:

https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/blogs/news/rc-car-transmitter-overview-setup-guide

Apart from that you could get extra channels, model memory for more than one car and the general quality in the hand should be a bit better. 

Unless you're racing the improved connectivity between the tx and rx shouldn't be noticeable but that's one of those "feel" things. Some people saying that they can tell the difference and some people can't. 

There's loads of other features like channel mixing, sub trim, nitro lag control, brake feathering etc. But 90% of these most people don't use. 

Overall I wouldn't bother if you have any doubts, I think you would get more value out an extra battery and a new set of wheels for example. 

• Like 1

The one feature I would pay money for would be multi model memory, but I’ve not taken the plunge yet because of the other associated costs.   But it is a bit of a pain to have racks of Tx’s at home. 

My dream ticket would be a steering wheel version of my OpenTX sticks set - multi model memory and multi protocol so I didn’t have to change all my Rx’s as well!