• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newbie needs Suggestions for first LSOR ??? Confused with the options

pwadz

Hi all , 

This is probably a question that's been asked time & again ....so in short I'm looking to return to Rc after 25 years since I raced seriously in 10th electric  Offroad.

I'm guessing 2wd LSOR will be the most cost effective as I can't throw everything into this .

After trawling forums there's a huge following of reasonable price baja models or the FG marder  and at the other end of the scale mcd ,hortmann , lauterbacher. 

Where to start this new hobby ? Go cheap and end up spending a fortune upgrading/repairing or look at a higher end used model? (If I can find one!)

Do people just bash bajas and marders or can you compete at a serious level with them?

Edited by pwadz

• pwadz changed the title to Newbie needs Suggestions for first LSOR ??? Confused with the options

You can race a Baja or Marder but they won't be the most competitive cars. 

If you are on Facebook try joining this group as you might be able to find a decent car for sale. Plus if you're looking at racing they'll be able answer any questions you have.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/550027908464508/?ref=share