• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi from a vintage R/C owner in Southwest London

Hi folks...

Thanks for having me and I hope you’ll be able to tolerate some dumb questions from a serious novice in the near future... 🙄

Over lockdown we started some major house renovations and moved some stuff that hasn’t moved in a long time.  In doing so, I rediscovered  the only real R/C car I ever owned; this Tyco Lamborghini.  I’ve had it from new (late 1980’s) and brought it over from Canada with me in the 90’s, but it hasn’t run since well before that.  So, I’m hoping to see if there’s any life left under all that dust as I’d love to see it run again.

I’m confident there will be questions...probably dumb ones....so thanks in advance. 🙂

910FB92B-3722-4DB6-87D9-2D10FBE3EC40.jpeg

44872AAD-6E5D-43CC-8379-1A11853358DC.jpeg

Edited by Ukcanuck
  • Like 3

Welcome to the forum.

Bet the mrs is well chuffed that you’re focusing on important things like rc cars rather than the house renovation. Good luck getting it going!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ant.p said:

Welcome to the forum.

Bet the mrs is well chuffed that you’re focusing on important things like rc cars rather than the house renovation. Good luck getting it going!

Thanks!

Between lockdown and having the entirety of what was our loft now in our living room, both of us are in need of things that take our minds elsewhere. 🤪

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ukcanuck said:

Thanks!

Between lockdown and having the entirety of what was our loft now in our living room, both of us are in need of things that take our minds elsewhere. 🤪

Welcome to the forum, im sure the car can be brought back to life, maybe a little modern tech like battery and stuff...............your username seems very familiar from my Astronomy hobby, but from some years back?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Welcome to the forum, im sure the car can be brought back to life, maybe a little modern tech like battery and stuff...............your username seems very familiar from my Astronomy hobby, but from some years back?

Yep, that was me.

I used to post on Cloudy Nights in another life, but haven’t been on there for some years now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ukcanuck said:

Yep, that was me.

I used to post on Cloudy Nights in another life, but haven’t been on there for some years now.

My oh my you cropped up on facebook yesterday in a reply to Phil J and i thought there is a name from the past......small world indeed

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Ukcanuck said:

Yep, that was me.

What ever happened to Skylight, you made exquisite things of beauty, a friend had one of your carton 4" F13`s it was stunning, i bought the chipped Antares F15 from you