• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

North Essex Bashing!

Ant.p

Just wondering if there are any local clubs/gatherings around my neck of the woods? Ideally around Castle Hedingham area, but could travel if not too far. 

I’ve tried out a few different locations, but it’s always just my son and I. Would be nice to mix it up a bit and learn something new.

Even if not to meet up, has anyone got suggestions for good spots to go to. Either South Suffolk or North Essex, please?

🎶...’All - by - my - seeeeeeelf’.... 😢

• Like 1

Nice part for of the world is Hadleigh! If I’m ever heading over that way I’ll mention it on here to see if you’re about, or at least to see if you can point me in the direction of a good bashing spot 👍🏻

1 hour ago, QRC said:

Try ARC raceway at Marks Tey...👍

Will look it up, thanks! 

Only a 30 min drive and looks quite good, everything you would need is there.

Have you been there? May we’ll head over sometime soon. Thanks again for the recommendation @QRC

Another spot for on road stuff is the PR car park next to the football stadium in Colchester, again a number of vids out there showing the exploits ofYT Rc channels having a bash.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice one, could you post up a photo please or video would be even better.

45 minutes ago, Strugglecuddle7 said:

I can try to get some pics next time i go,

Look forward to seeing them! Thank you, and location postcode or what 3 words address (even better) would be great please.

On 05/05/2021 at 20:47, QRC said:

Try ARC raceway at Marks Tey...👍

I’m heading to Arc Raceway in the morning with my son. Aiming to be the first one set up for a free bacon sandwich! 😍

13 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

I’m heading to Arc Raceway in the morning with my son. Aiming to be the first one set up for a free bacon sandwich! 😍

Wow Tony is still doing that, excellent, I will have to make the effort to get over there again...

6 minutes ago, QRC said:

Wow Tony is still doing that, excellent, I will have to make the effort to get over there again...

Well that’s the claim on the website. We’ll see...

im more interested in having a blast round the circuit and meeting other like minded people. Its a lonely hobby where we live.

18 minutes ago, QRC said:

this was only a month ago...

Nice, are you filming from a drone?

there is a spares shop there I believe? Is it well stocked? I need a new wheel for the x-maxx.

also, can you charge your batteries there?

6 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Nice, are you filming from a drone?

there is a spares shop there I believe? Is it well stocked? I need a new wheel for the x-maxx.

also, can you charge your batteries there?

That’s not my handy work, certainly not taking the credit....last time I visited was last summer, on a very very hot day...

There was access to power for charging. Can’t remember seeing any spares etc...

• 2 months later...

Right i went back too the old abandoned Quarry/aggregates today and have attached a link to a video of the main bit, i'm sure there is more to this place! If anyone fancies meeting up at it i can give you the location me and a couple of mates use it quite frequently as he has an xmaxx,mojave etc and needs the space.

• Like 2

Looks perfect for it!! Can you post the what3words address or coordinates please mate. I’ll definitely head over when I get a chance. Thanks for sharing 👍🏻