• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

convert hyper 7 black or buy a radix?

Yrkoon

hehe make sure and video it 🙂

im not putting 6s near my 7 and i only have the 100 amp vse 😛

edit: the max 8 came with some massive capacitor pack to solder some where, im guessing that is if i ran 6s 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Haha 1

last time on the test run i lost a steering knuckle screw but i kinda thought that as the threading on the screw was a bit meh and wouldnt tighten up right, fixed that about 5 mins after it happened and my tyres came loose.

had a 2nd run earlier plus with a front sway bar fitted, no screws missing that i know off lol, tyres stayed glued on after been reglued and it handled much better with the front sway bar, also i had it going full throttle a lot on a gens ace 5500mah 4s battery and a lot of the time on grass, the motor stayed pretty cool and i got about 15-or more mins out of it with the 17 tooth pinion.

the motor was a lot cooler than my kronos one on the same battery after a run 🙂

i was trouble shooting a strange noise on my vse 100 amp this morning and ran it, the stock 4s vse is so tame, the hyper 7 is bad ass nuts, i love it 😄

edit: every one that tried berts jerky thought it was delicious including me, the bag didn't survive the first night lol 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Haha 2

Hmm, that's interesting about the sway bar. My wife's hyper 7 is missing the front sway bar...I had read not having one offers slightly more shock articulation but surely Hobao implemented it for a reason lol. 

Thanks Yrkoon that's enough of a testament for me to shove the sway bar back on hers. 

Glad y'all enjoyed the jerky, I was really worried about it spoiling in the post even though I've had it survive just fine at room temp for a good 3-5 days...

When I next do a batch I'll just randomly send you guys some. I munched through a crazy amount myself 😳 that's the only reason I've not made another batch...it's kinda alarming how much of it I get through too! 

• Haha 1

lol mate the jerky was good :cheers:

front sway bar it stops it kind of twisting 

it comes standard with a rear sway bar but i added a front not long after i got mine because of that but he didnt see need at time so it was always cocking a rear wheel when turning

now he has fitted 1 its reduced it by a good amount and handles better :good:

ps they seem faster than when nitro lol 

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 1

I raced my little brothers Thunder Tiger EB4 with a 3S cell almost depleted...I gave him half a second head start and still overtook him lol...

They're mighty fast on electric 😁

Cheers for the info about the sway bar, yeah her Hyper 7 does handle differently but it's also a drift king. I can get its rear end out really nicely on 3S and hold it sideways on tarmac. Then it seems a bit sloppy too at times and I'm guessing that's the lack of sway bar...

• Like 1

yeh Yrkoons H7 black was always a tad faster than my H7 TQ but i outhandled him so if i got in front he had probs catching up from what i recall  long time since we ran em in earnest tho lol

• Like 1

now all we have to worry about is controlling the mad things with motors 😛

edit: aye m8 with no front sway bar it kept lifting the back wheels up a lot under power when turning, with the sway bar fitted it lifts them up a lot less 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a TQ too, high five 🙋‍♀️ though my Frankenstein no longer has standard shocks or standard mounting holes so I've probably butchered it's handling ability...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

i have big bore shocks on mine  did make a diferance

my rustler has 2 of his original shocks on its back lol the hyper 7 black edition had thicker shocks but still smaller than the big bore's 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

i have big bore shocks on mine  did make a diferance

I was impressed at how mine handled itself today over pot holes running GRPs - until I got the ride height right it was a nightmare.

• Like 2

dont get me wrong we still luv our VSe's but theres just something bout the old H7 thats just right  could be nostalgia or rose tinted spectacles dunno :good:

• Like 1