• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Kraton / Outcast EXB 8S Owners Thread

1 hour ago, Logie said:

Motor and pinion turned up and esc tray to hold in the MMX8S, just waiting on servo to come now got 15t China special as I have the 15t horn to use, hopefully get to run it next week. 

Also Cnhl had a mega deal on batteries got X4 4s coming. 2 8800mah 100c and and 2 8800 120c all hardcase, worked out about £48 a battery

IMG-20210708-WA0008.jpeg

Yep I looked at the 8000 racing series last night but couldn’t find much info if there any good or not cracking price though 👍👍

You used them before ? 

Yea been using CNHL awhile, i got into them when i was doing top speed runs, all the speed runners raved about them, my mate got about 20 of them from 2s to 4s all diff mahs. Really nice quality

Had these awhile, been in all my cars

Edited by Logie

Just now, Logie said:

Yea been using CNHL awhile, i got into them when i was doing top speed runs, all the speed runners raved about them, my mate got about 20 of them from 2s to 4s all diff mahs. Really nice quality

Where can you get them from?

I got to be honest, ive not had any trouble with batteries. ZEE/HRB/CNHL touch wood it stays that way! But if you look at quality CNHL is better (Hardcase plastic covering and balance wire are better), also therun times but i do charge all my batteries slow, around 1.5a (Will be doing the 8800 bit higher though)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

@mydoddy69.. Have you run your O8s EXB yet with that Leopard motor..???

Yep it’s an absolute beast 😂. Need to mess about with some gearing options and tweak the diff fluids now to get it to its peak performance 

Another good option would be the Hobbystar 980kv buy direct from RCjuice I think there still doing the 10% off offer for your first order 👍. Plus there a bit cheaper 

8 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

Let us know what gearing you decide on when you finally sort it..👍🏼

Can't remember if I'd asked you, are you using the 47T or 39T spur ??

The 39 as it gives a bit more gearing options 👍

Currently running a 26t pinion but I should be able to go 28 or 30 in cold weather if you use fans then you could possibly go more. Forgot to say this is my Kraton not the outcast. 

Absolutely FANTASTIC day bashing but I did manage a slight bend on a hinge pin of the K8s EXB. Now I know there’s loads of folks saying the arms are brittle and I’ve seen a few folks break them into bits. So I thought I’d share this to show the old tricks do actually work and there worth taking the time to do. So have a look 

C919378-D-FE3-E-4-E04-A49-D-A3708-CE0412

This was caused by a rather awkward landing on just the front wheel and then cartwheeling off in the distance. It was about 12ft high and I was going for a backflip then changed my mind hit the breaks a touch too much and lost it. Don’t look to bad here but check these pics 

13742-C0-E-A6-F7-4196-9458-23-CBD6932279

528-F5-F38-E333-4-BCA-856-B-F7-E144-A613

2-B23885-A-A2-A6-46-B4-85-EA-D2693617522

Lastly the hinge pin 

946146-E1-B008-45-C6-810-C-003-A14-C1-D8

Now if these are so brittle in theory this should of shattered in bits rather than bend that hinge pin like a banana it’s almost 45 degrees! 

So my thoughts are take the time and age your plastics 👍

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

was the aging them done by boiling them ?

Sort of yes you place them in a tray add boiling water then leave them soaking until the water cools repeat 2 more times and then on the last go leave soaking in the water overnight 👍

• Like 3

22 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

The stretch on that CNC!

All sorted now just waiting on some 5mm high speed steel rod to make up a new pin. I’m a bit old school so I’d rather repair than replace, plus I’m a tight old bugger 😂

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Arrma tough!

However, interesting “boiling age” Method! 

In all fairness you start sending a 30 odd pound truck skyward and land awkward things are going to break no matter what.  I have to admit though I was a bit sceptical on its durability at the start with all the negative posts and vids but so far touch wood 🪵 mines been fine other than the tyre and my poor driving 😂 

On 11/07/2021 at 20:59, mydoddy69 said:

Sort of yes you place them in a tray add boiling water then leave them soaking until the water cools repeat 2 more times and then on the last go leave soaking in the water overnight 👍

Does this really work or is it just an old wives tale ?? I have heard a  similar thing using WD40...

No harm in trying I suppose 🤔