• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Flysky Noble NB4 plus FGr4 v2 receiver - how to switch over from my Spektrum receiver?

Graeme - Edinburgh

Hm? No. 

Once you've gone through the ESC throttle calibration, you're done. The only thing you COULD do is go to full lock on the servo both sides, see if it binds or strains, and adjust the endpoints on that too. Which is super simple on the Noble, we'll go through that if necessary (and i mean: it's laughably simple). 

Edited by m4inbrain

Well..

That's easy. 

The FG doesn't do that. There's no AVC, so no need to set that up. Trim controls are on the two small joysticks on top of the steering wheel, already set up. %Power, well.. That would probably just be throttle dual rate, but i wouldn't know - i never saw the need to set multiple "power levels" up. 

edit: steering endpoints, just go into the menu, press "ST EPA" and adjust it there, it's self explanatory. Give full lock on the wheel, and adjust the number down until the servo stops straining/binding. 

Edited by m4inbrain

No, i don't like that either. 

There's apparently an option for a receiver box, i think from the SCTE. I need to look into that as well - but if you want to do some research, there definitely is a receiver box that made for/fits the buggy (made for the SCTE, which is basically what the DB Pro is). 

• 3 weeks later...

Well.

It kinda is actually, but it's a hassle. AVC is just a gyro. Flysky recently released a micro receiver with added gyro function. 

But if you want to keep using your stuff, you can just get an external gyro, something like this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKYRC-GC301-Gyro-Sensor-for-Adjusting-RC-Cars-Drift-Racing-Steering-Output-25mA/254904665676?hash=item3b5980864c:g:BgYAAOSwWf1gUH-4

No difference to AVC, just that AVC is already set up from factory usually. Doesn't need to be that particular one either, just google "rc car gyro" and pick your poison.