• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Axial RBX10 Ryft Owners Thread!

.AJ.

I have no idea what kind of parts I would need to make it more of a crawler but is something I can do without waiting for the differential housing gears that are back ordered until AUGUST!?!? I want to play with this car again and right now it's just sitting because I don't want to break it anymore. TIA

On 02/04/2021 at 00:56, .AJ. said:

Probably the diff gear in the front axle, the only thing to do is study the pics in the manual and workout how to get it stripped done 👍 

Checked all bolts, nuts, set screws, etc. Then stripped the differential housing down and noticed I'm missing a couple thin washers between from what the picture in the manual shows. That part axi232053 is backordered until August. I can't let this car just sit around until then. Any suggestions

7 hours ago, fastolsen said:

Been out testing again, and I sort of like it. But, I can't see what it is good at out of the box:P As a basher it kind of sucks, and with the amount of power this thing comes with it seems like they want it to be a basher? As a rock climber or rock racer it just doesn't work with the diff setup and cogging. Will for sure go the crawler/rock racer route with mine, and lock the diffs etc..

Please teach me how.

5 hours ago, Ramrod420 said:

Please teach me how.

Im going with the CC Mamba X crawler edition and smaller pinion to start with. Also gonna lock all 3 diffs (parts on the way) Also ordered the LMT servo saver. Next step is to get rid of the Spektrum RC/RX because I don't understand the bind/start up procedure. Have to switch the RC on and off several times to make it work. Besides that I want a roll bar, but can wait for the Axial option to be available..

13 hours ago, fastolsen said:

Im going with the CC Mamba X crawler edition and smaller pinion to start with. Also gonna lock all 3 diffs (parts on the way) Also ordered the LMT servo saver. Next step is to get rid of the Spektrum RC/RX because I don't understand the bind/start up procedure. Have to switch the RC on and off several times to make it work. Besides that I want a roll bar, but can wait for the Axial option to be available..

What kind of parts are needed to lock it?

So, I fitted the Mamba X and a 1900kv sensor motor and it is so smooth compared to the spektrum system. With a 12T pinion I have the low speed control and enough wheel speed on 4s to make it up the bigger hills. Locked the rear and center differential. Next is to wait for the sway bar option and drive as much as possible.. Also thinking of switching the RX/RC to my KoPropo system because I hate the bind struggle and the feel of the cheap radio...

Little bit curious on how the driveshafts will hold up, but with my smooth driving I hope it won't be a problem:)

• Like 2

Finally got round to fitting a B-Link to the Mamba X. I also wanted to run the Rockracer mode on the Aux wire, but was getting Aux Wire Glitch warning beeps, I tried all sorts to try and fix it and it turns out it was a ill fitting pin in the Aux Wire connector, I took it out the connector and fitted it directly on the RX, problem solved!

E4-A5-F259-32-AD-4-A97-95-C8-E2-BDF55136

69341-ACD-6462-4-B27-AC51-63-B02446-DEFB

8-CEE5-B28-E644-4-D9-E-A77-A-481003-BFA6

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Still having issues with the esc. Looks like it’s toast, got the right hump, so the servo and rx are going in my Pre-Runner project 😂

Was It not new  with the motor?