• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

North Wales bashing locations?

TangerineBalls

I've seen a few mentions of Deeside Industrial Estate and the surrounding areas having good spots for bashing and tearing up some fun. Seem to be a couple years back now from the comments, but does anyone have any ideas where about these locations were, specifically? Been Google Mapping and checking out the lie of the lands but quite often areas are fenced off when you get there on foot or by car.

Thanks ☺️

• 1 month later...
On 09/03/2021 at 12:45, TangerineBalls said:

I've seen a few mentions of Deeside Industrial Estate and the surrounding areas having good spots for bashing and tearing up some fun. Seem to be a couple years back now from the comments, but does anyone have any ideas where about these locations were, specifically? Been Google Mapping and checking out the lie of the lands but quite often areas are fenced off when you get there on foot or by car.

Thanks ☺️

I'm looking out for places myself, so far I've only had a bit of a blast on Talacre beach but it can be damn cold at the moment!  Plus you then have to clear out about half a tonne of sand when you get home.  Sadly you can't really do anything in the dunes due to it being a nature reserve.

There used to be a couple of patches of rough ground near Castle Park industrial estate in Flint, they've built a solar farm on one spot but there may still be some good areas, haven't had chance to go and take a closer look yet, I'll update when I get there.

Possibly the coastal paths around Shotton and the Quay?  Where the old pill boxes are?  Not sure how rough the ground it, might be a real suspension work out.

Another place I've been thinking about is the old Greenfield market.  What used to be the car park has been blocked off but you can park at the car spares place and walk across, that might be worth a look but I don't think there's much opportunity for jumps if that's what you're looking for.

No idea if you'll check this  but I'll leave all this info here in case anyone else in the area comes looking.

Cheers,

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the area near the Castle Park industrial estate - took a walk up there yesterday and they've put solar panels all over the place, very little open space for bashing anywhere to be seen.

Will keep an eye out and update if I find any other areas.

Phil

• 2 months later...

Have you tried Parc menai there seems to be a few large open spaces, there also seems to be a site in llandygai industrial estate next to TG but unsure if it's been built on since I was there last.  Plenty of dunes/beaches in the area unless you don't fancy sand.  You have Parys mountain On Anglesey That looks decent if you catch it on a quiet day. possibly Cibyn industrial estate?